Carnival Magic Cruise Review by PorkChops

Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 4D
Entertainment 5+

Oh Oh Oh It's Magic!
First off, I have to start by stating that the entertainment staff really made this an extraordinary cruise for my family. I could list them each with a great story of how they really made this a special cruise. I was sad to hear that it was the end of most of their contracts. I'd go back on the Magic just for the top notch entertainment staff.

My only negative comment regarding this ship is regarding the dining. While the Magic has more buffets than some other ships, they never utilized them all. Typically I'd notice 4 buffet lines with the same food, none of which was very appealing to me. I don't need fancy foods at every turn to impress me, just a simple grilled chicken breast on the buffet would've been nice. The setup of the buffets really did not allow for traffic to flow through smoothly. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffer every morning.

We only utilized the dining room three nights with anytime dining. The first formal night we really had super slow service, but otherwise no complaints. Our second night in the dining room I truly felt like a burden to the wait staff. We were placed in a section that was already cleaning up, and our waiter didn't even bother to attempt to be nice. However, this was all forgotten on the second formal night. Gerald, our waiter, truly was the nicest and funniest waiter I've EVER had. He was extremely sweet and seemed to genuinely care that we enjoyed our dinner.

The shows were semi-interesting, I've never been a huge fan of any ships shows. However, the singer Luke Yellin, was absolutely amazing. I honestly have no clue what this guy is doing on a Carnival ship.

The comedy club had good acts, nothing spectacular. I'm easy to please and got a nice laugh out of all four comedians.

Overall, this was my sixth Carnival cruise, and my absolute favorite. It really showed me how an entertainment staff can really make or break a cruise.

Publication Date: 02/08/13