Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by Sambo1949: Carnival Destiny

Sambo1949
Member Since 2013

Carnival Destiny

Sail Date: January 2013

I booked the klove Christian cruise early as it always sells out. This is paid out over the year and when you go it's all paid for and you are so ready to go and spend some premium time with the Father,and theSon. Lay on the deck in the sun and just reflect on where your life has been and where you and Jesus are going together. My hubby and I also were looking forward to some quality time with each other.
We flew into Miami from Dallas had a beautiful hotel with a bayside view , a little on the expensive side but what the heck. Most of the cruisers stayed at one or the other choice of hotels.
From the bus trip to the ship terminal everyone was so ready and smiling ear to ear. The departure was like forever in the terminal, it took 2 hours to board and we were in the very first zones to be called. Finally on board at noon, rooms not available until 3:30 ? Why is that carnival . We eat a buffet ( not impressed) with that. We were beginning to tire out so we go sit down and More wait and wait and wait. We asked for a balcony room which should be a little larger that a normal state room right?
We did not get a choice of where we were to be placed, and we were put on the lido deck (9) port side forward. Ok room, worn I knew that it was from you guys who had been there before . Tv was older than me . Cigarette burns in carpet and curtains. Bathroom so small your feet stuck out the door while on potty. Late leaving port by over an hour. Next thing I know hubby comes out on balcony and says potty won't flush, called the steward, he will call Plummer we were exhausted and after a late dinner we went to bed. Early risers. Oh gee carpet is wet and so is the carpet in the haul , sewer smell , potty still not wanting to flush . We sponge bathed and dressed rapidly and went for breakfast , and so did everyone else. Spent the morning on top deck because it stunk on deck 9Saw some concerts and did some visiting with other Christians who were experiencing the same problems on this old lady ship . Hard to be able to reflect on the son when we were getting thrown around by rough seas, cruising to next port , cold morning and our tour was great in key west. That was something . Got back on ship still room problems. Complained and finally saw the steward now have towels on the floor which are turning brown, yuck. Will bring in blower tonight as we go to concert and dinner. Well by now hubby is not happy and telling me this is the poorest run outfit he has seen in many years. This is from a man who operates a business and has for 49 years. No more carnival cruises for him . Ok we manage to have another great concert and so so dinner. Next morning rough seas , wind blowing like crazy , hubby getting sick , coughing and fever , blamed it on the terminal , too many sick people in that place, I heard several people coughing on board. Cozumel next port , hubby to sick to get off ship spent the day on the balcony and watching tv and one concert , we were late getting there , not sure when we left as I woke at 2 and we were sailing Sunday morning , Super Bowl Sunday at sea. Floor in cabin still wet , guest services shoves letter under my door telling me they have been trying to reach me to see if our cabin issues had been resolved. Hello someone has been cleaning this room 3 days and they don't know the floor is wet , lots of activities for this day devotion alas and singing ,thank you Jesus I needed you and as always you were there calmed me and said it will be ok. My last cruise with carnival !, yes it is , the grand old lady should have never been allowed to get in that shape, she is beautiful and was at one time la luxury ship. Shame on carnival for letting her age not so graciously. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Balcony Lido 9166

Cabin 9166 was in poor shape , balcony room forward , if ship had been in better condition and room not so small , who knows 10 years ago she might have been.

We never got off the boat , hubby was sick and we did not need to catch anything else. Read where a group of cruisers were robbed in Mexico on the way back to ship and now carnival is trying to reimburse them for money, cameras, and jewelry . I do not want any part of that .
Read 3137 Cozumel Reviews

City Tour

(5)
Saw some beautiful butterfly's and houses , learned who, what and when about this beautiful island.

Museum Tour

(5)
Loved the beach, and Arthur with city tour very interesting and he was great . Pricing ok .

Trolley Tour