“Carnival Ecstasy 5 night Cruise”
Cruise review of Carnival Ecstasy

ccoppola83 Carnival Ecstasy 4 Carnival Ecstasy 5 night Cruise
ccoppola83
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Just to preface this... I was starting my vacation by visiting family near port Canaveral so the dates and port of my cruise were VERY limited. It seemed that only the Carnival ecstasy would suit my needs so my girlfriend and I decided to take a 5 day cruise to the Bahamas! On January 28th off we were on our first big vacation together! I'll start with the ships decor. Needless to say that it was laughable. Reminded of a 1970's casino. Every surface seemed to be reflective with neon lights near or around it. They even have a bar called the neon bar. The only lights in that bar were, you guessed it, giant neon signs. Honestly though it was fun, and didn't prevent anyone on the ship from having a good time. If anything it just made the ship a bit funny. I will say this, the staff were impeccable. Everything was spotless and the crew was always out cleaning. The stewards were so friendly, and always made a point of popping out of a room to say hi (literally). They learned our names on the first day which was impressive, and made our room sparkle twice a day. The waiters I could take or leave. They did their job and not much else other than walking around twirling napkins every night. That got a big annoying but when we saw a waiter that was really into it, it became a little fun. The food was great most nights! A couple nights they seemed to drastically overcook a couple of meats making them inedible and we had to order something else, which of course they happily did for us. The didja option was always a treat and we always walked away from dinner satisfied. The only thing I would say is the wait time for Open Seating was very unpredictable. We went at about 7pm every night and some nights we had to wait a half hour, other nights 5 minutes. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason but we still enjoyed being able to eat whenever we wanted. Finally, I'll leave with these last 2 thoughts. The islands were terrific and Carnival has a good deal with Half Moon Cay. It was a perfect, fun, and beautiful island. Lastly, Don't bother buying jewelry or anything like that on board. The company that sells it is a third party called Starboard Cruises and they're a big scam. I only found out too late, but have been reading horror stories about them. Whatever you see on the ship that you want to buy, take a picture and then go buy it on Amazon or Ebay. You'll save a lot of money!
Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

Port
Take a cheap cab ride to Port Lucaya for the market place and free beach! Eat at Billy Joes and thank me later!
Read 1,076 Freeport Reviews
Published 02/08/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Ecstasy Review
Carnival Ecstasy Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?