“Nice Cruise but not our style”
Cruise review of Celebrity Century

nycalgal Celebrity Century 4 Nice Cruise but not our style
nycalgal
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Celebrity Century is a nice ship, but well used. The wear is seen in the rugs and bathrooms in the staterooms. The service is excellent and they are very attentive to your needs. However, my husband and I found that Celebrity is a little to formal for our taste. We didn't bring formal attire as we planned to dine in the Island Cafe for dinner on the formal nights, and were quite disappointed to find they didn't offer a buffet dinner as their sister cruise line RCCL does. So, we were really forced to attend the formal nights unless we wanted pasta for dinner, and I am not a fan of pasta. So my husband had to wear a loner jacket to dinner which the maitre'd told him he could take off at the table. Seemed silly to have to wear one just to walk into the dining room, just to take off at the table. There was also a lack of activities to do on board the ship. It seemed all there was to do was trivia, art class and dance class. All the rest was lectures, and things to buy. We went on 2 ship sponsored tours, and they were good. The rest were private tours set up on cruise critic, and they were excellent. The food on board ship was excellent as was the service. I have no complaints at all about that. As for our general cruise experience, it was good, but I think we will stick with Royal Caribbean.
Overall Ratings

Published 02/08/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Century Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?