Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by CTJoeCruiser: 1st Time on Carnival ... No Miracles
Overall Member Rating
1st Time on Carnival ... No Miracles
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Not a fan of lengthy "play-by-play" reviews, so read on to enjoy the facts, our opinions & thoughts on our recent Bahamas Cruise on-board the Carnival Miracle! I will give ratings on some of the major categories we consider when cruising ... those which can hopefully be compared across ships and cruiselines. Each & every review will be different, but since we have now been on 3 of the "major" cruise lines (RCL, NCL, CCL), and have completed 7 cruises overall, I think we do offer some good persepctive! I have rated all categories below, but keep in mind that some of these are based on choices we made, i.e. this itinerary, where to eat, etc., and some are based on the cruise itself!
The Ship (C+):
+ Easy to Navigate
+ Serenity (Adults Only Pool Area) a Great Upgrade in 2012
+ Cabin (Ext. Balcony) had lots of storage & nice size bathroom. Decor was less than ideal, and we prefer sliding to swinging balcony doors (so you can let some fresh air in!)
- Outdated / More Questionable Decor
- Boat had a "shimmy" pretty much all week. Didn't seem to be related to water conditions, etc. Kinda felt like a car that shakes at high speeds!
- Horrible Sports Court
The Staff (A):
+ Friendly, Interactive, Pleasant
+ Friendly, Attentive, & Helpful Room Steward Staff
The Food (B-):
+ Main Dining Room Food & Service Better than Average
+ Nick & Noras Steakhouse Specialty Restaurant EXCELLENT
- Buffet Options, Layout, Hours of Operations Needs Major Improvement
+ Piano Bar (Doug), & DJs very good
- Comedians average at best
- "Big Shows" nothing to write home about
- Least impressive overall entertainment of our 7 cruises to-date
+ Some family friendly options, e.g. Space Center in Port Canaveral & "All-Inclusives" in Nassau & Freeport
- Nothing really exciting, unless you want to drop some cash to see the Atlantis Resort in Nassau
Embarkation / Disembarkation (A):
+ Arrived after 1pm, & was on the boat in less than 30 minutes
+ Disembarkation was a little behind the published schedule, but no issues with getting breakfast, finding a place to sit & wait, and no issues in getting off / customs ... very smooth
Conclusion / Overall Rating (C):
* Definitely a "get what you pay for" type cruise. It was probably our least expensive trip overall, and we found that the itinerary, the ship, & the entertainment were reflective of the price that we paid
* Highlights: Bar staff, cruise staff, Doug the "piano man", Main Dining Food, & excellent Steakhouse experience
NPS - Would you take this cruise again? NO
NPS - Would you recommend going on this trip to a friend, etc.? NO Less
Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>
Cabin review: 8J7196 Extended Balcony
Excellent closet & storage space Ample size bathroom, decor outdated Balcony size & condition excellent, including lounger chairs Balcony doors swing & not slide, therefore they won't stay open to allow fresh air in/out of the room Room size better than average Bed comfort worse than other cruises Safe required a credit care swipe instead of a code ... not very practicalRead All Extended Balcony (8J) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Resort Day Pass
Some Tips and Tricks and Lesso...
Good time on Sunshine
Some tips and hidden gems on t...
Worst carnival cruise - Golden...
Pricey for what you get
Miracle was a pleasant surpris...
Mexican Riviera Miracle
Carnival Miracle brought the f...