Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by mihaiandjen

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: mihaiandjen
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: 8d

You get what you pay for!
It's hard not to have fun on vacation so of course we enjoyed ourselves. I am done with cruising after this one though. I think the cons outweigh the pros for me on this one.

Pros:

*Guys burgers was awesome!

*Blue iguana cantina must be had for sure. The breakfast burritos were yummy!

*Jimmy's C side BBQ was outstanding. Just plan on a 20 minute line.

*Il Cucina restaurant is well worth the 12 dollar charge. Best service and meal the entire trip.

*Paninis from the deli were great! Only thing in the buffet that was edible, and cooked in 5 minutes or less every time.

*Water slides were scary and fun. Props on the water works area. Takes you back to being a kid.

*Our room steward Dwi was the best we have ever had! Addressed us by name every time, spotless room always, and was actually the only crew member to ever engage in conversation with us.

*A sold out ship meant 4100 people onboard. It never felt overly crowded due to a great ship layout. Everything was spread out and easy to navigate your way around the ship.

*Serenity area was absolute bliss. Quiet, relaxing, and the pods were perfect for afternoon naps. Just get there by 8:30 if you want to claim one. They were monitoring the area on sea days, so after 40 minutes your stuff is removed if you don't come back.

Cons:

*Embarkation was the worst I have ever experienced. It took almost two hours to get on the ship! They were blaming it on a system malfunction so wether or not that is true, I don't know.

*The crew overall were just plain bad. It seemed as if the ones who actually did talk to you, either hated their job or wanted nothing to do with you. None of them engaged in conversation which is a shame.It's almost as if they knew very little English or were scared of us. Either way it is a shame to not even remember one crew members name!

*Dining room was a disaster. One night it took 35 minutes just to get a water refill. The staff never spoke to you, made suggestions, or even asked how your day was. After 3 nights of bad service, we did not go back. The food there was average.

*Our room was aft on deck 9. It seemed pretty small compared to past cruises. The beds were the WORST I have ever experienced! They were ROCK hard, no joke. It was like sleeping on a slab of concrete, and I like firm beds. I like firm beds, NOT hard as a rock. it made a good nights sleep impossible even after a day of sun and booze. My neck and back are still tweaked. The sewage smell was always there and was pretty bad. I am not sure what they can do, but someone needs to look into it for sure.

*Buffet was beyond disgusting. The deserts all tasted stale like they were frozen and then thawed out to be served. With all the yummy options on the pool deck, do yourself a favor and stay away from the buffet. Most of the food was in edible.

*Entertainment was BAD. Walked out of a couple of shows. Waste of time IMO.

*The constant announcements on things to buy got old fast! Butch the director was cute, but really, I do not need to be reminded every ten minutes to go buy a watch!

All in all we had fun. Like I said it is hard to not have fun when you are on vacation but there really is some tweaking that needs to be done here. The crew can make a huge difference in your experience aboard and this was a huge miss. There needs to be some major training done on how to be approachable to guests. Cruising has changed over the years, it's not what it used to be. Everyone does it now so you can't really blame carnival for catering to the masses. The last three cruises have been this way for me, so I think we will stick to all inclusive from here on out. You get what you pay for, so if good service and exclusivity are your thing, then skip the ships!

Publication Date: 02/07/13