Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Tepcro: What a GREAT vacation!!!

Tepcro
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.3

Compare Prices on Independence of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

What a GREAT vacation!!!

Sail Date: January 2013

1st of all, Independance of the Seas was a great ship! The cleanliness was perfect and the crew was more than helpful and friendly.
We only booked 1 excursion through the on ship service and it was canceled due to weather conditions. So it really wasn't RCI's fault.
I booked 2 other excursions before the sailing and enjoyed them very much.
Our Room Attendant (Daniel) and Waiter (Mihai) were above and beyond incredible!
Daniel kept our room clean and ready every time we turned around.
Mihai was friendly and had a great sense of humor.
Our room was about the 4th from the fromt of the ship on the starboard side of the ship.
The elevators were slow and seemed to be over worked but never let us down.
I wish people weren't so pushy, but the cruise line couldn't help that.
All in all, we met some truly incredible people and had a fantastic vacation that we will remember for a lifetime.
The seas were not too rough, the weather was just right, the More ocean water temp was just right too!
I notice that many people complain that they didn't get porterhouse steaks and lobster at each meal, all I can say is that if a person doesn't expect too much, you will be impressed! The food was all very good, and all you could eat.
If you want the luxury meals, you can pay extra and have those too!

I will warn you of this one thing, everywhere you turn they will try to sell you something for more money! They had duty free gods you could buy, they also had upgrades on food at an extra cost. If you wanted a tour of the ship, there was a very hefty price for that too! $150.00 yep, you heard right.
If you want water in bottles or soda pop or booze you had to buy a package for those as well at a fairly hefty price for each.

I would take this vacation again in a minute! Less

Read more Independence of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Independence of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Independence of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7220

The view was unobstructed and the balcony was AWESOME! Everything about the room was GREAT! I only wish Daniel our room attendant could be our room attendant every time!

We used a tour guide named Philip, his service is called Philips Country Tours. I set this up in advance with Philip who I found strongly recomended by others on Trip Advisor .com. I told Philip that I wanted to have a tour of the island and to experience thei culture there. I also didn't want to go to the regular tourist traps. Philip took us on atour of the countryside like Montego Bay and the mountains as well. He introduced us to some of the people there as well. (they were random meetings) We visited a great house on a hill with a view of all of Montego bay. We ate some of the local foods. Like Jerked pork and chicken and star fruit. We drank coconut water and ate a different kind of coconut meat. we ate sugar cane that had just been cut down. The oranges looked ugly but the inside was FANTASTIC Finially Philip took us to a place to buy souviners that Didn't cost an arm and a leg! I would strongly recomend Philip to anyone no matter what kind of sights you would like to see! phillipjamaicatours@hotmail.com
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews

Snorkeling

(5.5)
Kari Soto picked us up at the port and after they bused us to their launch location which was at a house in a very upscale neighborhood we had a GREAT time! The price was half of what the cruise line charged. Their boat was perfect as it had a big back deck and ladders that folded down to help you out of the water. There was pleanty of stingrays and the snorkeling was great too!

Stingray Swim

(5.5)
I recomend the Soto's package! We had a great time!

Very nice place! Owned by RCI. They had a barbque for us there which was very nice and the swimming was great too! I was a bit dissapionted because I was supposed to go Parasailing and it was canceled due to the winds that day,.... Oh well, still very nice!
Read 359 Labadee Reviews