Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Luckymisslucky

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Luckymisslucky
Carnival Triumph
Carnival Triumph
Member Name: Luckymisslucky
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 4B

Disappointing
This was my least favorite cruise in the 12 years that I have been cruising. It began with the ship coming into Galveston 5 hours late. Apparently the ship had suffered a break down and could not cruise at top speed. The ship was only going to one port and Carnival would not commit to which one (Progresso or Cozumel). We were sent an email the evening prior to departure, but it was sent after I had checked emails for the day. Carnival offered the option of a $50 on board credit or the ability to cancel. My husband and I had already made the 12+hour drive to Galveston and cancellation was not an option for us.

Unfortunately we had also prepaid for a private excursion in Cozumel,which required a 4 day notice for cancellation. The ship ended up going to Progreso and docked overnight there allowing us extra time to enjoy the worst port in the Caribbean. What a treat. We were late leaving Progreso, waiting for repair parts and did not arrive into Galveston on time. I admit that the staff of the Triumph did their best to try to improve a bad situation. Carnival did offer refunds totalling approx $65pp in on board credit. Apparently most cruisers drank their sorrows away because I have not seen a bigger louder group of obnoxious Texans on a cruise ship before and I have been cruising out of Galveston since the port opened.

The food was average, the desserts disappointing. The traffic flow of the ship was awkward. I don't remember ever being so disappointed. I will cruise with Carnival one more time and if this continues will cruise with other lines in the future.

One last word: Carnival knew prior to departure that we were only sailing to Progreso,one of the staff in port confidentially told my husband. Unfortunately it was too late to cancel our prepaid excursion in Cozumel.

Publication Date: 02/08/13