Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by nini1922: First cruise was on the Jewel

nini1922
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First cruise was on the Jewel

Sail Date: May 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My first cruise ever was on the Jewel in 2011. I have to say that after the cruise my husband and I were hooked. Every year since we have booked a cruise. We were hesitant in booking this cruise, as we had read some negative comments prior to. You really have to be a debbie downer to not enjoy this cruise.

No major complaints, the ship was clean, the staff went above and beyond to make everything as perfect as possible, and the ports were fun. The staff was not too pushy in selling anything to you, which was great. They really made you feel comfortable.

The inside cabin we stayed in was on the 9th deck. It was tiny, but good enough for my husband and I. The bathroom and shower were small, but a bit larger than the other cruise ship we sailed. The stateroom attendant made up our room twice a day, very clean upon arrival. Hallways were not too noisy. Comfortable beds.

The entertainment could have been better but overall not too bad. The food was More great! You honestly do not need to pay for any of the specialty restaurants to enjoy a good meal. My husband and I have also traveled on the "largest ship in the world" with another line, and we can not say the same for them.

We will be going on another NCL cruise this year and hope its the same if not better than cruising the Jewel. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel

We went to Little Bay beach. People were a bit nasty in St. Maarten but the beach was beautiful, and we had lots of fun!

(5.5)
From Tortola we did an excursion to the Virgen Gorda, therefore we didn't get a chance to tour Tortola. But if you are in Tortola definitely check out the excursion to the Virgen Gorda, it is absolutely breath taking!
Read 502 Tortola Reviews