“Great Ship, Staff, Entertainment and Islands. Poor food.”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas

kidosee Freedom of the Seas 4 Great Ship, Staff, Entertainment and Islands. Poor food.
kidosee
Member Since 2002
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Things I would rate high on freedom of the seas. Ship/Facilities Entertainment. The Freedom Ice Show was fantastic. Coco Cay was fine, seems to have slid a bit since 2000, but it was still a nice experience. The Saint Thomas and Saint Marteen stops were simply amazing. Plenty to do, not enough time in St Thomas/St John. I was most impressed on how precise Freedom of the Seas was on their schedule. Everything started almost to the minute that it was supposed to. Darren the Piano Man was terrific. Things I would rate poor. The food quality was less than desired. Breakfast was the best meal of the day, lunch was simply abysmal and dinners were hit and miss. I did eat at Johnny Rocketts which was a bit better, but one thing you just can change on a cruise ship is that not everything can be fresh, and unfortunately you inevitably wind up with cafeteria quality food regardless of how good the Chefs are. I am not sure why anyone would pay $20 extra to eat in the Italian or Steak restaurant. Is someone loading up the ship with fresh tomatoes and steak while it's moving? Answer, NO! Most of the passengers were distant. Not a single one initiated a conversation with me, although I initiated atleast 20 of my own. Contrary to that, I had a 3 hour long conversation with a fellow AirTrain passenger and an hour long conversation with a fashion contrator for RCCL after disembarking. I'm glad to be back in the Midwest where people are friendly.
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

Port
It's show a little wear and tear from all of the cruisers but is still nice.
Read 584 CocoCay Reviews
Great shopping. Wish I would have done it later in the day and gone to Orient Beach first because it was really crowded later.
Read 3,325 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 02/07/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Freedom of the Seas Review
Freedom of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?