Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by grandmakay

Member Name: grandmakay
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Charleston
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Carnival Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Transportation and Hospitality
The end of January myself and 5 friends and 4 of there children booked a cruise on the Carnival Fantasy. I booked hotel rooms because we were driving from Ohio and wanted to get in the night before so we wouldn't be rushed and tired the day of the cruise. After booking the hotel I decided that I needed to get some transportation for all 10 of us from the Hotel to the ship. So I called a few services and was surprised at the cost, I thought it was rather high. So I tried one more company TC Transportation. I inquired about the rate and he asked me what hotel I was staying at, when I told him he kind of hesitated and said you don't really want to be staying there it isn't the best area he said let me call around and see what else I can find for you. So he called me back and found another hotel for me with the same rates. He said it was also a lot closer and that way it wouldn't cost me as much to get to the ship,his rates are very good. So I called the hotel he suggested which was a La Quanta hotel and reserved my rooms. Then I called him back and made arrangements for transportation to the ship and back. He also recommended a restaurant and gave me the number to call. He gave me a lot of information, and when we were about 15 minutes away from the hotel, he called to make sure we could find the hotel alright, the hotel was very nice, it was clean and in the morning we had a very nice free breakfast. Thanks to Todd who went above and beyond the call of duty and made our trip so much more stress free.The next day he was right there to pick us up. Getting on the ship was a breeze much faster than any other cruise I was on.

The cruise was not the greatest, we had some very crappy weather. It rained and was windy most of the cruise, we couldn't even stop at Half Moon Cay because the waves were to choppy to get on the tenders. But we still had a good time. The Crew on the Lido deck was great on the good days when we could be outside, the entertainment was great Orlando Magic kept the games the music and the fun going, and the bar staff was Johnny on the spot.So even though we had crappy weather they made every day a fun day. The comedy shows were great and so were the dancers. I would take a cruise out of Charleston again But not in the winter.

Disembarking was also a breeze they do it a little different in Charleston and it went very quickly. The Carnival Fantasy is the oldest in that fleet of ships and it was going into dry dock when we got back to be refurbished, it really did need it. The food was great but alot of time they only opened one side of the buffet which caused very long lines, not sure why they did that. So other than the weather it was a great experience.

Publication Date: 02/07/13