“Canival Glory - Jan 27th 2013 - Eastern Carribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

EastCoastMaritimerinTO Carnival Glory 5 Canival Glory - Jan 27th 2013 - Eastern Carribbean
EastCoastMaritimerinTO
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I am not a writer therefore will do my best :) Overall: loved my cruise! Embarkation on Faster to the Fun (FTTF): I felt this was my only issue with service for the entire cruise. They only had 1 person dedicated to this desk. It appeared like the regular lines were moving much faster. The only other concern was upon receiving our Sign and Sail cards, we were given our priority boarding cards and advised to take a seat. After calling priority boarding, we walked up, passed them our cards and started walking when the Terminal manager yelled, " those people should not be boarded, they are not priority" We were slightly embarrassed. After that, the FTTF benefit of having our room ready and receiving our luggage worked perfectly! The embarkation process went ok and may have been a bit out of control due to staff shortages that day due to the traffic mess caused by the marathon. Ship: it was great! This my 2nd ship in this class therefore knew the layout. I loved the new restaurants Blue Iguana Cantina and Guy's Burger Joint. I loved the updates done to the Amber Palace shows! I really enjoyed the Punchliner Comedy Club! I took advantage of the Camel Club, Cinn-a-bar and Ebony Cabaret. I was really impressed with the entertainment on board. Food, service and room was great. Room 7402 was very quiet and can be recommended. Weather: slightly disappointing. We had winds which caused some rough seas and cooler conditions on the seas. Had some down pours in St.Thomas and San Juan. Ports: great ports. No need to do the Carnival excursions. Did tours with Blue Hole Watersports (Nassau) and Grand Turk Diving . Taxi in St.Thomas to Sapphire Beach and our own walking tour in San Juan. Enjoyed each one of them! In summary. I would certainly recommend this cruise. Carnival employees were all friendly. Live music and entertainment was good quality and plentiful! The weather cannot be helped therefore the ship itself and staff made the week for us :) We enjoyed the wide ranging guest age groups. We personally saw no craziness. The ship is big but never felt busy.
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4F7402
7402: great size! Good location for access to AFT pool and Red Sail Restaurant. The room was quiet. You may hear the elevator bells but it never happened late or too early.
Published 02/07/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Glory Review
Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?