Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by barbjd106

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: barbjd106
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

A Very Bad Experience
My husband and I chose this ship and sailing because it left and returned to New York. This cruise was sandwiched between two Celebrity Cruises out of Florida. We should have just flown to Florida.

People were permitted to dine in the main dining room in anything they wanted to wear. This in spite of a note in the daily Carnival program stating that certain items of clothing, i.e. cut off jeans, flip flops, etc. are not permitted in the dining room. My husband and I were appalled at the appearance of people in the dining room and twice spoke to the assistant maitre's and maitre'd about it. They do literally nothing about it. The maitre'd said people just walk into the dining room. To which my husband replied, 'Then don't serve them.'

We ate at Nick and Nora's five nights out of the eight to escape that awful dining room. I think of it (the main dining room) as similar to a fast food restaurant at a truck stop. Anything goes, food is nothing special at all, bar servers were terrible. The waiters were prompt but seemed harried - I am not surprised. The hostess precious did not even greet us as we entered.

Trivia was fun. We met some nice guys from our area. The fitness center was crowded but adequate.

We were truly happy to be off this ship.

Publication Date: 02/07/13