Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by barbjd106: A Very Bad Experience

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Bahamas Cruises

A Very Bad Experience

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My husband and I chose this ship and sailing because it left and returned to New York. This cruise was sandwiched between two Celebrity Cruises out of Florida. We should have just flown to Florida.

People were permitted to dine in the main dining room in anything they wanted to wear. This in spite of a note in the daily Carnival program stating that certain items of clothing, i.e. cut off jeans, flip flops, etc. are not permitted in the dining room. My husband and I were appalled at the appearance of people in the dining room and twice spoke to the assistant maitre's and maitre'd about it. They do literally nothing about it. The maitre'd said people just walk into the dining room. To which my husband replied, 'Then don't serve them.'

We ate at Nick and Nora's five nights out of the eight to escape that awful dining room. I think of it (the main dining room) as similar to a fast food restaurant at a truck stop. Anything goes, food is nothing special at all, bar More servers were terrible. The waiters were prompt but seemed harried - I am not surprised. The hostess precious did not even greet us as we entered.

Trivia was fun. We met some nice guys from our area. The fitness center was crowded but adequate.

We were truly happy to be off this ship. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Suite Main 4235

The cabin was spacious inside with a very small balcony. Travelling to and from New York however we would not have used the balcony much anyway. The cabin had a small dressing areas with light bulbs missing from the sockets. The closet lights went on automatically when I opened the door. We had to ask for additional soap when we ran out. Furniture was low to mid average cruise furniture. Carpet had stains. There were pieces of wood left on a ledge which appeared to be molding that fell off.