Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Talldkny

Member Name: Talldkny
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: IA

Epic Adventure
This was my 22nd cruise. My fifth with NCL. This seven day cruise was an EPIC Adventure.

Accommodations: The cabins are the smallest of any cruise line I have been on to date. I was traveling with a friend of the opposite sex and we were already aware of the bathroom configuration before we went on the cruise. We both had a good sense of humor about the set up. It was still quite awkward and even with the curtain you don't feel like you have much privacy. There was water everywhere, outside the shower, around the small sink. The lighting in the cabin was also very poor. The room itself was nicely decorated and comfortable with plenty of storage space.

The ship accommodates 4000 passengers. You have to get up early to get a lounge chair on deck. NCL has always had good entertainment but this was not true on the EPIC. I prefer the traditional show times which most cruise ships offer passengers. You had to book some of the shows in advance on the Epic. The quality of the shows were fair. You really feel "nickel and dimed" on every venue this ship offers. Most of the daily activities required a fee or a seminar was given where they are trying to sell you something. The casino is very prominent on this ship.

The food at this level of cruising is fine. We ate in the Manhattan restaurant most nights. We did have to wait 15 to 30 minutes for a table some nights. They do provide you with a complimentary glass of champagne while you wait for a table. Once we were seated the food, and service was good. They really promote pay for dining venues. The crowd is one that likes to party!

It is no surprise that NCL scrapped plans to build Epic's two sister ships and their CEO responsible for the Epic is no longer with the company.

I try to put things in perspective. I would have normally given the overall cruise experience on the Epic a 1 or 2. This was by far the most inexpensive 7 day cruise I have been on to date. I normally pay 300-500 more for this length of cruise, so I am giving my overall experience a 3. You get what you pay for.

Publication Date: 02/07/13