Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by lissa1094

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: lissa1094
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: 4H

First time we've been disappointed by Carnival
We've been on several cruises with Carnival and this is the first time we have ever been somewhat disappointed.

First of all, the pro's:

The ship is beautiful and has a relaxing feel.

The cabin stewards are as friendly as always.

Guy's Burger Joint was incredible. So tasty!

The pizza has definitely improved.

The layout of the ship was very good and this time I always felt like I knew which direction to go when I left the elevators.

The Cons: (And there are more of them).

The food in the dining room was just ok, but the waiters hardly talked to us. From previous experiences, we have always found them engaging and fun to talk to. Not this time. They did their job, but that's about it.

The lido deck restaurants seemed like they were closed more than normal. Maybe just my perception.

The rumours of sewer smells that occasionally pop up at random places on the ship? They're true!

Now the worst: THE ENTERTAINMENT. First time ever, I could say it was awful. I won't even go into the Latin or Diva shows because we watched part of them and either fell asleep or left. Live band has disappeared.

The daytime fun is still there, lots to do, but it's the evening where things fell apart. I have never before walked around the ship at night looking for something to do. But, at least I had the Punchliner Comedy Club, and that would make everything better, right?

Wrong!

It was only open 2 of 6 days, yet the comedians were still on the ship. Surely they would have enough material to do 3 shows each?

I have never seen lineups for the comedy shows as long as these. As we left one show we walked back past the long string of people patiently waiting to get into the next show. I didn't have the heart to tell them that they may as well just turn around and go wait in the pizza line instead, as there was no way half of them would be getting into the show.

Put the comedy shows in the theatre. The demand is there. Or better yet, just do more shows!

And, what happened to the steel drums? They were replaced with canned music. I don't know about you, but we're from up north and we go to the Caribbean to experience...the Caribbean. We can go to a nightclub down the street at home if we want, or we can turn on the radio. We'd like to experience the island vibe when we go down south.

So in summary, if you're looking for that familiar Carnival friendliness and a ship full of fun and entertaining things to do, the Breeze may not be for you.

We're really hoping that this is just happening one one ship, and there hasn't been a shift within Carnival. We still feel a connection to Carnival, but this trip has tempted us to try others next time.

Publication Date: 02/07/13