Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by thegreenwizard

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by thegreenwizard
Carnival Destiny
Carnival Destiny
Member Name: thegreenwizard
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

In general good.
That was my first cruise, and for a reason of timing I could choose another cruise line even if some friend warned me about Carnival.

I have to say that I could notice that the ship was in need of an overall make over. No reason to detail them because every thing would be taken place. Beside the dinner, the food is OK, kind of lower casual restaurant quality. But the dinner room on the evening is much better. I always tried the specialty of the day and I never was disappointed. We even had frogs legs. And some excellent desert.

For the buffet, as I said before, it is just a common buffet for common people not at all for some one who like good tasting food in a small quantity. The free coffee has only the color of the coffee, not the taste at all, but for some USD you could get some shot of espresso in the specialty coffee shop.

Nevertheless I was really please from the dedication of the crew, they try to make your journey the most exclusive at they did. I have to mention in particular my Head Waitress Leilani Blas and his helper Randy for all the attention they gave to my needs and desires. The company should reward them for making the cruise a nice experience.

The cabins were very clean and again the man in charge of my stateroom was very pleasant and knew me from the first moment by my name.

I'm not sure I will cruise again with Carnival, not because of the ship and the crew, but I like a little more upscale environment.

Thanks to all the crew.