Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by RonP: Voyager of the Seas was great but........

RonP
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Voyager of the Seas Australia & New Zealand Cruises

Voyager of the Seas was great but........

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

We went on the Voyager of the Seas on the 13 January 2013 for 14 nights.
It was our sixth RCI cruise.
The ship was fabulous, we have sailed on the Freedom of The Seas before and the Voyager was not far behind it. After reading all of the reviews about the Voyager I thought I was getting onto a ship that was falling apart, but I found it to be in great condition.
Embarkation was great took fifteen minutes to go from Circular Quay station to walking on the ship. We had lunch and went to the cabin and our luggage had arrived.
The itinerary was pretty poor, have been to all of the ports before but wanted to go on this ship because of it's size.
Lautoka, why do cruise ships go there, there is not much for anyone to see, Suva is much better. Wellington the same the ship would have been much better going to the Bay of Islands.
The ships need to source the better islands and ports.
The food was pretty good, typical cruise ship stuff, the ship was very clean and the More staff were as you would expect, we didn't go to the one specialty restaurant but was told it was excellent.
The ship's cruise director was new, sarcastic and very rarely ever seen, same with the entertainment crew, why are these so called entertainment crews only rarely interested in Bingo and trivia.
I am not a lover of P&O ships as they are too old and too small, but the entertainment crew and director do it very well.
There were only two main shows normally on a 14 night cruise you would have three. The first one was quite good, but the second one would be the worst one I have seen on a cruise ship.
Most of the entertainers were fairly good.
Johnny Rockets was good and it got very popular as the cruise went on.
There are no coffee or tea making facilities on the pool decks like most ships.
I found the pool area decks to be dangerously slippery, why don't cruise ships have non slip decks instead of puting up signs saying slippery when wet.
The ships activities in the pool areas were mostly so boring, no music in the adults only area.
They had a barbecue on about the second day, sasages and coleslaw.
There were no party nights at all on the decks, they blamed the weather but there were a lot of fine nights.
The only day the ship really did anything was Australia Day which was pretty good, it was a party even though there was not a lot mentioned about Australia Day, so you didn't really know what the party was about if you were not and Aussie.
To me the ship was great but the most boring cruise I have ever been on.
Disembarkation in Sydney was great, we carried our luggage off at 8.20am and there were no lines or people in front or behind us, it was great. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Voyager of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Voyager of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 8692

Our cabin was great, the balcony was the largest I have seen, nearly 3m x 3m, but was a long way from the stairs and elevators.