Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by celtic1950: First time cruisers now last time cruisers!

celtic1950
Member Since 2012

First time cruisers now last time cruisers!

Sail Date: January 2013

This was our first cruise and we were so excited to be going to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau. We met people on line and had our tours booked and was ready to go. Then the day before we get an e-mail stating that our itinerary had been changed. Our new port included Key West Florida (they couldn't take us to another port outside of the USA?). We were sad but decided to go anyway as we wouldn't get our money back for our flight from Chicago. Well, first bad point, we didn't leave the port of Miami on time. I think we only left a port on time once!

2nd, the photographers were so pushy! After having our pictures taken when we go on the ship and then on formal night, we just weren't interested in having more pictures taken!

Third, I was not impressed with Freeport or Nassau! Pushy people there also trying to sell you junk! If I wanted to buy junk I'd have gone to a fleamarket!
My spouse has already said her will never cruise again. That makes me really sad More because I'd like to try it again. So Carnival has ruined my chances of cruising!
And the entertainment was done mostly by the cruisers, not the staff! Only 2 shows with the staff! I thought we'd have Broadway styled shows each night, not so!!

I must disagree with some reviewers, the staff was friendly, caring and fun! They greeted us by name, served us with a smile and went out of their way to make us comfortable. The food was decent. Less

Read more Carnival Destiny cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Destiny Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Destiny Oceanview Riviera 1208

1208 Quiet comfortable room. Convenient to dining as we could walk up a couple of flights of stairs and walk down again to burn some of those desert calories from dinner!

City Tour

(5)
We did the Ardasta Gardens and City tour and it was fun and informative. Easy trip for those who don't want to be rushed.

City Trolley / Conch Train Tour

(5)
Loved the Hemmingway house and the city trolley tour was informative and fun!

Ernest Hemingway House & Tour

(5)
Lovely home and lovely gardens. The tour guide was funny and informative!