Aegean Odyssey Cruise Review by Rental: Worst cruise ever!

Rental
Member Since 2013

Worst cruise ever!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Hong Kong

This 10 day cruise was part of a university sponsored 20 day trip. The University I used was Western in London, Ontario Canada. The company that they used was AHI Travel in California. It would appear that AHI failed to do there homework on the cruise part because it was a complete disaster. I found out after boarding that this was going to be the maiden voyage!

To start off the ships staff were wonderful and the food was great but that's where the good ends. The cruise as mentioned before was 10 days with the first 1 1/2 days in rough seas and most people either felt sick or were sick. Our first port of call was Manila,Philippines where we were rushed around in heavy polluted traffic on buses and told we had sometimes 20 minutes at a stop.We were then rushed back to the ship . There was not any free time and rushed rushed everywhere.

We all wanted to be on land after 2 long days at sea. The very next day we were at sea again! The next port where I'm sure we arrived More late we were able to see the Orangutans for about 20 minutes while they were fed. That was great but going to a good zoo would have suited me just as we'll! Again a long way to go for what you got to see. Next 2 full days at sea but wait the air conditioning for the entire ship died and never went back on for the remainder of the trip! We were crossing the equator the next day! We were lucky enough to have a balcony but a lot of people didn't even have a window. The poor staff 4 to a room must have just died down below. These were the same people that had to wait and serve us after not sleeping all night.

The next port was Pare Pare we needed to drive 41/2 hours one way to get to the destination. That day we were on the bus with just a few stops for 13 hours arriving in the dark back at the ship. Nice tour but 13 hours on a bus? Because we were late at every stop our tours were cut short or extremely rushed or simply forgotten about. Everybody was complaining about everything. Without air conditioning you have to always dress down to keep cool,limit your activities on board as to not overheat.

One good thing was that the drinks which you were suppose to pay for we're free! I think they thought if they kept us drunk we wouldn't mutiny. I could go on but I won't I will cruise again but I felt sorry for some of the more elderly people who for them it might be their last cruise and what a way to end a great way to travel. This ship and the little British Brats they had running it should turn it back into what it was originally built for a car ferry. Less

Read more Aegean Odyssey cruise reviews >>