Crown Princess Cruise Review by drbrainiac: Exceeded my expectations

Compare Prices on Crown Princess Western Caribbean Cruises

Exceeded my expectations

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

On our sailing there was about a 9 hour delay due to fog (not Princess's fault - the US Coast Guard would not allow the ship into port, a problem they stated they had never experienced before), then a long line at the port with 3,000 tired and grumpy fellow passengers. We didn't know we could have checked in when we dropped off our bags earlier in the day and skipped that whole line altogether, but the crew were so overwhelmed with the massive delay that they probably just overlooked it. No big deal - we'll know next time. We were allowed priority boarding once we got to the front of that gawdawful line because we booked a suite (St. Kitts - alllllll the way aft & overlooking the wake). Yes, the suite is expensive, but I promise the perks are worth the extra cost.

Once we were aboard, there were no further problems. My expectations were exceeded at every turn and by every crew member with whom we had contact. Our room steward was an absolute delight, as were the dining staff, More bartenders, dealers and other crew in the various venues where we spent time. The ship was beautiful, the suite spacious (including a jacuzzi tub!) and the food was delicious. The head waiter even brought me the next evening's menu every night so the chefs could prepare whatever I wanted gluten free, per my dietary restrictions.

Our disembarkation was smooth too. We chose express carry-off, so we retained our luggage and carried it out ourselves. We walked out of the suite at 7:08 am, walked down to our lounge area and had time for 1 cup of coffee before they called us to the gangway. I already had the customs form filled out and we breezed through customs, waited 5 minutes for the parking lot shuttle and were loaded in my car pulling out of the parking lot by 7:45. Can't ask for smoother than that!

We enjoyed ourselves so much that even my husband, who has never been interested in travel or doing much more than anchoring the sofa, had a great time and even put down a deposit for an Alaska sailing in summer 2014. He's even talking about taking other cruises after that. I have to thank Princess for giving my husband the travel bug. We're looking forward to sailing again & again. Less

Read more Crown Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Crown Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Crown Princess C750

I wish there was a place to upload photos because our suite was gorgeous! St. Kitts (C750) was a huge suite with premium everything - walk in closet, 2 TVs DVD player, big balcony with teak table 4 chairs & 2 chaise lounges, separate toilet room, 2 vanities, full size marble shower and full size jacuzzi tub with luxury spa amenities - separate sitting area, bar area, mini fridge - the works. Canapes were delivered every evening - including handmade chocolates one night. There were 2 arrangements of fresh flowers in the room and turndown service every night with chocolates on the bed. The accommodations were top of the line deluxe priority everything and were so spoiled and pampered that we didn't want to come home!

The people of Belize thanked us over and over for bringing our tourism business to their developing country. Be sure to try the fried banana and sweet potatoes.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5.5)
This was SO MUCH FUN!

The tourist village at the port was really great - clean and felt safe. The excursions were run well enough that if you can read a number on a paddle sign and follow along you're good to go!
Read 1647 Roatan Reviews