Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Tampa cruiser1963

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Tampa cruiser1963
Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Ecstasy
Member Name: Tampa cruiser1963
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: U6
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

The fun on the Ecstasy
My first cruise was to Cozumel aboard the Carnival Paradise last month. I loved it and decided to book this cruise as a single, so as to continue the fun.

I parked at Cruise Parking of Port Canaveral, very efficient and only $21.15 for Thus. thru Monday. Embarkation was a breeze, I was on board in 15 minutes.

The Ecstasy is a 21 year old ship but it does not show. She is in excellent shape and is obviously well maintained. My stateroom was spotless and was kept that way by a great Steward (Lito). I asked for a wine glass for the one bottle of wine you can bring aboard and he asked me if I wanted glass for red or white wine (it was a red) when he returned he brought two although he new I was traveling alone (a nice touch).

I chose the your time dining and usually went to the dining room around 7:00 to 7:30 and never had to wait more than 10 minutes. The food was excellent as was the service. My head waiter was I Wayan. He and his team were thoughtful and professional. The Maitre D (the supercharged Joseph) was great.

The Lido deck buffet is not bad. I prefer the fresh made hot Deli sandwiches for lunch and the Omelet to order for breakfast.

One of my favorite places to relax on these Carnival ships is the serenity deck. A nice quiet, adults only deck aft, with a great view of the water and the ship's wake going by. I usually did not have to wait long to get a deck lounger or get into one of the hot tubs.

I went to both shows (Motor City and The Brits) they were very good. The dancer/singers are excellent. They did a meet and greet in the lounge on the last night of the cruise. That was cool.

I did the "behind the fun tour". If you are the least bit interested in what it takes to run these ships operate the tour is well worth it. It is limited to 16 people and is very inclusive. We saw the galley (spotless) the engine control room (fascinating) the bridge (way cool) back stage of the theatre and all of the operational facilities on deck 3 (laundry, provisioning stores, crew galley) and the crew lounge. Yes they have a lounge and it even has a bar with real booze, although they are very limited on how much they can drink for obvious reasons. As we progressed through the tour the person in charge of each area was there to explain things and take questions. This included the chief engineer and the captain!

Nassau is a neat port of call. I did a self guided walking tour and saw a lot of culture and history. Freeport is an industrial port. Nowhere to walk to except the little tourist trap by the dock.

I don't have any real complaints about this cruise, all in all it was very good. I have already booked a three day on the sensation for Feb. 28 to go back to Nassau. This time I will take a cab and check out Atlantis.

Publication Date: 02/06/13