Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Chrisv94

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Chrisv94
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: Chrisv94
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: CS
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Absolutly Priceless!!
This was our 7th cruise with Celebrity and boy was 7 our lucky number. We (my wife, parents, and our two children, 9 and 7 years old respectively) took this exact same itinerary last February on the Eclipse and decided to check out the newest of the Fleet that being the Reflection. I am going to attempt to keep this review short and to the point but my goodness i could write a novel here based on our positive experience.

We flew into Miami and stayed at the Doubletree by the airport Friday night (great hotel actually, will stay there again) and embarkation on Sat was a breeze. While waiting to board we met the father of one of my favorite current NHL hockey players which was SO COOL!

The Ship was GORGEOUS but really outside of a few additions and subtractions its a typical Solstice Class ship. I missed the wet zone on the Eclipse but loved what they did with Michaels Club and the addition of the Lawn Club Grill...more on that in a minute...We stayed in Cabin 1638 which is the Celebrity Suite on the hump.....HIGHLY recommend this specific room because the balcony is absolutely huge due to it being on the angle. The four of us had breakfast every morning out there with *plenty* of room to spare!! Not that the other CS suites are lacking, but if you are planning on a CS, 1638 will give you a big time bonus in balcony space. The CS was beautiful in every way but if i had to nit pick id say the bathroom could be a little bigger but it was really a non issue.

Activities on board were pretty much your standard Celebrity activity agenda...some trivia, karaoke at night, tours, etc. We did beach trips on the islands and St. Maarten (Divi Little Bay) and St. Kitts (Friars bay Carabula beach club) never disappoint.

Now for the real gushing...the service seemed to be better than ever in every venue on board. Crew were super friedly, seemed to always be there when you needed them, but were never pushy or intrusive. Our wait staff in the MDR did an excellent job and the food was just fantastic as we have come to expect. My wife was disappointed that escargot was off the menu but that was her only complaint. The ultimate experience however was our dinner at the lawn club grill. We knew it was interactive with the opportunity to cook a little with the chefs but what they did for my kids was so above and beyond that I have been raving about it to anyone who will listen! It wasn't just the chef aprons and chef hats they gave them, or the matre'D putting his name tag and pins on my 7 year old son's apron, or the cooks and staff autographing their chef hats, or the fact that the kids really *did* cook with the chefs, but it was the ATTITUDE in which the entire staff interacted with them throughout the entire night! They weren't just going thru the motions or manufacturing smiles to make us happy, they were legitimately enjoying themselves along with us! The head chef even came over at one point and thanked *us* for letting our kids work with *them*. That was just so impressive to my wife and I that I cant stress it enough. Oh, and the food there was OUTSTANDING!!!

The Entertainment was the best by FAR of any cruise we've been on. The Pianist and the Magician, yes the Magician, were so good that I questioned why they were even on a cruise ship!

The Fun Factory did another amazing job with the kids all week. Im not sure how it is for other people, but we never have a problem recommending the kids program on Celebrity as they are attentive, interactive, and above all, our kids never wanted to leave the Fun Factory...that works for us!

Disembarkation was the only issue as customs held us up for 45 minutes and would not let anyone leave until about 7:45am. Having an early flight, this caused some serious stress!! Needless to say no more early flights for us!!

Overall I cannot stress enough how utterly impressive this trip was from top to bottom in every possible way!!

Publication Date: 02/01/13