Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by OzBrit: Spirit Lifted

Spirit Lifted

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

I really wanted to find somewhere to sing the praises of the fabulous entertainment on board during the last eleven days.

3 scintillating shows with top rate production values culminated in the incredible Big Easy show that totally surpassed our expectations - in fact we arranged our dinners so we could see all three shows twice and would happily have seen them many more times over.

Other highlights of the cruise ranged from the Park West Gallery experiences with Ricardo and Neil entertaining and educating us to the Max if not two Maxs - The actual ship itself which we spent hours just exploring and looking at the overall stupendous designs and the accessories and detail- The menus and service in the Empire Room - the tasty self service of the Lido area - the piano bar with Geoff and the calibre of the comedians and all of the entertainers in general.I even read 40 plus short stories from the library.

While there were therefore many highlights the standout for More me was the absolutely superb Spirit Show band under the masterly direction of Omar Lateef which excelled on every occasion I heard them. The sessions in the Napoleon room with singer Tabitha were exquisite. In my opinion the opportunity to hear them play each night was worth a sizable portion of the total cost of the cruise. If there should ever be a competition between all cruise bands and orchestras I would be prepared to back them against all comers.

So without using the pool or the duty free shops or the casino or the Gym and pampering facilities or the "Nouveau" Restaurant we still had a fantastic time.

It goes without saying that all the staff we came across were a happy, supportive team always prepared to say hi and talk but I have said it anyway.

The only negative was the behaviour of some of the 800 children aboard but that is more attributable to their parents than crew members. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Spirit Suite Upper

Excellent in all ways - a fair walk to the dining room but that helps the appetite. Very handy for the Pharoah and Versailles rooms - quiet and being 1/3 larger than most other rooms feels very roomy. I loved the bath!!!