Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by GCMAGPIE

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Voyager of the Seas - Size Matters
When we first boarded this beauty, I thought WOW. The ship is beautifully set out and the 3000+ passengers were swallowed up by the size of the vessel. Lining up for anything was not a problem with the exception of the Australia Day BBQ where guests were waiting up to one and a half hours to get their meals. In saying this, there were plenty of other options for guests to dine. I found the activities were not as readily available as other ships but if you looked hard enough you found something to do.

The ports of call were good but the onshore tours from on-board the ship were as always way way way overpriced. Again, this was not an issue for us because I always book my own tours before I leave home directly with the tour operators or just find something to do when I get there.

The best money saver I found this time was the Premium Drinks Package (Alcohol)-Beer, Spirits and a limited wine selection. $770 US Dollars - Excellent Value.

Meals as always were sensational. Dining room staff superb, A little more robotic in the Windjammer. I found Portofino's overrated and I regretted going there. Dining room meals won it for me hands down.

Publication Date: 02/04/13