Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by slandreas: Fun Times on The Carnival Breeze

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fun Times on The Carnival Breeze

Sail Date: January 2013

My husband and I set sail on Saturday, January 19th for an 8 day cruise to the Caribbean. After reading some of the bad reviews we were a little leery but decided to go with an open mind. It was definitely the best cruise we have ever been on. There were a group of 20 of us loosely traveling together which even made it more fun.

FOOD - We ate dinner in the Blush Dining Room every evening and Orlando took excellent care of us. Sure, there were a few misses but all in all the food was served hot and was very tasty. We also loved Guy's Burgers and the Blue Iguana's tacos. The Pizza Pirate was great and the deli was open extended hours so you could always find something to eat. I don't know what these other complainers were expecting but I loved the food and gained a few pounds to show it!

ROOM - Our room steward was awesome and we rarely ever saw him yet our cabin was cleaned twice a day to perfection. That's what I call service, he never bothered us and we never More bothered him.

ENTERTAINMENT - We were a little disappointed in the shows but we really enjoyed the comedy shows instead. The families seemed to like the Hasbro Game Shows but we did not go. Loved the casino. There were not many children aboard due to the time of year but every time I walked by their club they seemed to be engaged and having a blast.

All in all it was a week filled with lots of laughs and wonderful memories and isn't that what a vacation is all about? For all the complainers I would suggest if you did not like the food you should consider an upscale cruise line which would better suit your needs. I just felt for the price they had a lot to offer and I would highly recommend this ship. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 8241

Room 8241 had a nice balcony and was very quiet. Had 3 closets and 4 drawers and a flat screen TV. We loved it!

(5.5)
This day was the highlight of our cruise. We took the 6 1/2 hour catamaran sail completely around the island. They stopped once for snorkeling and actually provided some of us more timid snorkelers with instructions and kept us newbies together as a group which I appreciated. You snorkeled off of the beach and had to swim out to the reef but it was not too far. After snorkeling they provided lunch which was freshly grilled chicken and fish, pasta salad, green salad and rice. It was all very tasty. Then it was back on the boat and the rum punch started flowing freely. Lots of dancing and partying and I think the Rum Punch attributed to that. It was a beautiful day, lots of sun and the kids that ran this boat were very competent and safety conscious. They taught us a great line dance as we were heading back to port and this is a day that I will remember for the rest of my life. I would highly recommend it to anyone of any age (I am 57).
Read 804 Antigua Reviews

Beach Break

(5)
We went to a very nice beach that had clean changing rooms and a snack bar and bar. The water was so clear you could stand in it up to your knees and see fish swimming by.

City Tour

(5)
They took us into town to shop which was fun. Our driver George was very nice and told us a lot about the island as we were driving from the beach to the shopping area. I went to a store to buy Pandora Charms and they served champagne which was an added bonus.

We went on a beach tour that was on the other side of the island. Rode in nice air conditioned busses that held about 20 people. Roads are not very good there and lots of hairpin turns and steep inclines. It was a little scary but they stopped several times for us to take some great pictures from the top of the mountain. When we got to the beach it was actually at a resort so there were recliners on the beach which was nice. Gorgeous views and a nice lunch was provided with BBQ chicken, rice, salad and cookies. Funniest thing is there were live chickens running around where we ate the entire time.
Read 502 Tortola Reviews