Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by yayforandrea: LOVED IT!!!!

yayforandrea
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

LOVED IT!!!!

Sail Date: January 2013

I was nervous going on this cruise as there were so many negative reviews. My husband and myself had only cruised once before on the Carnival Sensation on our Honeymoon and it wasn't that great so this was our "let's give carnival another try" trip. We had my 7 year old step son with us for this trip as well as my parents who had never sailed on a cruise ever before.

Embarkation was good. We arrived around lunch time (12 noon). We were early and knew that it would be busy. It wasn't that bad though. The lines moved very fast. Now I'm 20 weeks pregnant and even I didn't mind waiting in the lines. I do get tired fast. My parents went through the line within 20 mins and could have been on the lido having lunch but due to Carnivals policies for pregnant women they waited for us, the women who checked us in was great but again they had to go through my paper work and it took some time. I understood, Hey I'm not going to get upset this is my vacation.

We arrived on the More Ship. So beautiful. Clean and so refreshing from the old Carnival vegas style look. I loved it. We got to go to our rooms really fast which was nice. Our luggage arrived before we entered into our room. We were on the inside Spa cabins so that's probably why, my parents had a Balcony room on the 6th floor and they had to wait a bit for theirs. Our room was nice. I had never had an inside room. My husband loved it as he has a hard time sleeping. Now I hated it because it made me sleep longer. I missed the sunshine in the morning. Again this was my fault not Carnivals. Our room steward was amazing, anything we needed he offered. My parent's balcony room was so lovely! I spent a lot of time in their room.

The whole ship was always being cleaned and painted. The staff were wonderful and greeted everyone (people are crazy if they say they were rude!) I couldn't get over how nice they were. I'm not a demanding person though. I clean up after my families mess where ever we go and respect the areas were in. now I saw so many cruiser spilling food and drinks. Not even attempting to clean it up. The other messy cruisers were my only complaint. Again this is not Carnivals staff this was the other guests. I heard so many people complain and I didn't get it. Sometimes it was busy but it wasn't bad and the lines moved so fast.

Camp Carnival was wonderful. My stepson ditched us every night for diner. We had to drag him out at lunch and during the day to spend time with him. He made so many friends that he wanted to stay with them.
Waterworks was Amazing; We used this more than the pools. The pools were always busy and they were heated which made me feel like I was in a human soup. I swam in the ocean on the shore days. There were always loungers and chairs.
Serenity was always busy but you expect that. I only got a sun bed twice. Once with my Mother when it was very windy and in the evening with my husband. Oh well.

Husband and SS Loved the ropes course and the sports square. The hotdog cart was a favorite for snacks. Oh and snacks the food was great. The shrimp Tacos were to die for, I'm craving them know that were home and there's nowhere to get them around us ? Cucina del Capitanio was good. Had a date night one evening just my husband and I and the staff was great. Portions were huge! I couldn't eat it all. SO worth the $12.50 per person. We couldn't go out to a restaurant for that price in Canada.

Dining room was slow but I eat slow so it worked for me. I could tell that our waiter was a quiet guy so even though he wasn't very social he was pleasant and polite so no complaints. Food was good. They only night I didnt eat my diner was the night I ordered the grilled chicken, very dry, I figure if your cooking for 4000 people your bound to dry the chicken out though so oh well. the Steak was very good.

Didn't go to any shows or comedy club (which I wish I hadn't been so tired or I would have). My husband, Father and SS loved the Dive in theater. Watched Super hero movies with blankets and popcorn while I slept. Went to the Casino. Lost some money Haha My husband cut me off after night 2. I watched him and my mother win. Which was fine.

The Spa was nice. I had booked before I became pregnant so I really couldn't use it. The Thalassotherpy Pool was nice. I could only stay in for 3 mins so I didn't get to use it for long. It was a treat for my lower back though and it wasn't as hot as a hot tub but I still had to be careful. Steam rooms were to hot for me. I couldn't take them for long. I would have enjoyed it more if I could have really taken advantage of it. The free Slippers you get are awesome though! My stepson gave his pair to my mom as they wouldn't fit him, it made her day too.

Husband and I loved the Library. We played Chess and had quiet time in the evening while waiting for our stepson to be done his diner with Camp Carnival. If I could have had a drink I would have loved to get a glass of wine and curl up there with a book. Oh the Cherry on top Candy Store is also great and very addicting, SS and I kept buying Jelly bellies and Wonka candy to share.
All around it was such a great cruise, my parents thanked me for booking it for them as they had so much fun and are excited about trying other cruises. One thing though. Once you go on the Mega ships you will never be able to go on the smaller ones and enjoy yourself as much. There's just so much to do, Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 11232

Cabin is nice. Breezey blue colours. Nice touchs like throw pillows and the bathrobes in the closet (you get free slippers to take home). the room is small though for 3 people. I would never put 3 adults in it. We had a 7 year old on the pull man bed. It is pretty low so you have to watch your head in the morning. You really have to use all the closets (2 for hanging and 1 for folding) to be able to use all the space. The bathrooms a good size .You get a bar fridge which is nice. It's hard to fit your own stuff in though cause they have it jammed with their mini bar stock. The hallway is very quiet. The elevators are usually free and as your on the top of the ship their not packed when you're going down (as you're one of the first on them) Great if you're Pregnant like me or have mobility issues. Another nice feature is your already at the lido deck. You just walk out and you're there. There is a private elevator for Cloud nine spa and serenity at the end of the hall too. Never anyone in it. You can go up the spa in your bathrobe and never run into too many people.

Loved it. you walk right of the ship and the beach is there. There's no need to spend money on an excursion. We got free chairs and had drinks (virgin for me) from the waiters in Margaritaville . We swam in the ocean and had Angel fish swim between our legs. I would have loved to use the pool but our group wanted to go back on the ship to eat. No reason not to when it's right there. Why spend the money.

We took a cab to Dr. Cave Beach early in the morning. Rented chairs and an umbrella. Had a great time until lunch time and it than got so packed that people put their chairs in front of my chair (not a gap at all it was touching.) It became so hot though that at noon we called it quits and went back to the ship. The beach was so packed you couldn't even walk. The bathrooms were pretty grungy too. No toilet paper. Thank goodness I had Kleenex. We were only their till 3pm or I would have gone to the all inclusive for a day. I recommend doing that over Dr cave beach if you have the time. If there's more than one cruise ship in port it's just not worth it.