“Not great”

texasmags
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our 3rd cruise. It was my 3 daughters (17, 12, 10) and hubby. The good: Embarkation was easy and quick. Everyone was friendly. Lunch on the Lido Deck was good. Ports were good. We really enjoyed the Salsa and Salsa in Progresso. We did the Cozumel Amazing Race and it was ok. It was fun, but more complicated than I thought it'd be navigating all of us around. I wish we would have had a longer period of time in Cozumel to shop or eat. They could have easily had the excursion start earlier. Chito our room steward was great! Always attentive and friendly. The bad: The smoke. Ugh. They didn't enforce the smoking areas and it seemed like everyone smoked. Every where. Without a care for anyone else. There weren't any real "quiet areas" that we generally like to hang out at. The coffee shop was too close to the casino, so you smelled smoke the whole time. And it was in an area where everyone had to walk through. The service in the dining room was horrid. The first night we weren't served until after an hour and 15 minutes. About 5 min later they turned on the lights to hurry us up, so we didn't get to have the chocolate melting cake - which is a highlight of dinner! I complained to the server (in a nice way) and then to the guest services. Never any follow up or comments at all. The hallway near our room smelled like cat pee. I didn't notice it in the room until the last two days - then it seemed to seep into the room. The lines and the crowds were terrible. None of us remembered having that many people crowded around the buffet lines on previous Carnival cruises. Did they fit more people in them, or something?! We will not sail on Carnival again.
Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Triumph Review
Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?