Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by cstraeger: Worst Cruise I have ever taken

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Worst Cruise I have ever taken

Sail Date: January 2013

Embarkation was OK. When it was time to do the life boat drill they asked us to be at our station at 3:30. It took over an hour with a room full of people with very little air conditioning to do the drill.

Do not get a cabin midship on the 6th floor. You will not sleep a night. The music was so loud you could hear it in your cabin.

I have cruised many times and usually the cabin steward makes it a point to introduce themselves to the quests that they are going to serve. We didn't meet our cabin steward until the third day into the cruise when I told him there was a problem with the cabin door. It wouldn't lock unless you slammed it shut. I found that out after coming back from dinner and I accidentally leaned into the door and it opened without using the card key. I told him about it and said that he would have maintenance look at it. Needless to say, that never happened. He never talked to us again.

The food in the main dining room was very good. Our waiter More was a little difficult to understand but the staff was excellent. The person in charge of the dining room was a Frank Sinatra wanna be and sang to us every night. He does have a pretty good voice.

The Lido buffet was always crowded and had lines of people waiting to get food. Unless you got the food when it first came out, the food was never hot. The pathways in the Lido buffet were not wide enough to handle people going back and forth and people waiting in line. There would be people 3 deep.

You would very rarely see bar waiters walking around the pool area or other areas where you sit on loungers. I was sitting in the casino bar for over 40 minutes one night and not one bar waiter came to me to ask me if I wanted a drink.

The ship is not designed to handle the amount of people that was on my cruise. It was announced that they had over 4000 passengers. The public areas of the ship can't handle that many people. I was surprised on how small the casino was for that number of passengers. I've been on smaller ships with larger casinos.
Don't plan on using the elevators. If you are disabled, you will wait a long time to use the elevator. I don't think that there are enough elevators on the ship for the number of passengers. The forward elevators had 3 on each side. Midship and aft only had 2 on each side.

I was surprised to see on the second day of the cruise they already debited my account for the gratuities. They assume that you are happy with the service. Except for the dining room, I was not.

I can honestly say that I will never cruise Carnival again. Less