Norwegian Dawn 4

Cruise review of Norwegian Dawn

FLcruzer0214
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

My husband and I have cruised a number of times, and have been on NCL twice before. We decided to book the Dawn in December because we really felt we needed a break and since we live in Tampa, it would be easy.

We have been on larger NCL ships, but, overall, thought the Dawn was a nice size and had plenty to offer. The cabin though, was probably one of the smallest we have ever been in. The ship was clean and in great shape.

We used the Capital parking service on Harbour Island for the first time since we read about it in another review. It was very convenient and we saved about $60.

Activities/Entertainment: There was something for everyone and we often found ourselves conflicted with wanting to do more than one thing at a time. Duo Luna was a big hit and always had a large audience. Impac was also popular and the show band was very good. The only thing we would have liked more of was traditional dance music - sometimes the bands got too creative More with the songs, changed the beats, and those who did venture to dance just gave up.

Service: We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and pleasant in most cases.

Dining: We ate at Aqua twice - the food was OK, pretty typical cruise fare. We also ate at Cagneys, Bamboo, La Cucina (twice) and Le Bistro. Le Bistro was a big disappointment. On the other NCL cruises this was the best meal of the week. This time we thought it was sub-par, even though I paid an additional upcharge for my entree - seafood in pastry puff. It was overcooked. Overall we really enjoyed the cruise. Thanks to whoever mentioned the special spa pass. We did that and were very glad because we did not have the best weather and the spa pool are gave us a place to go. Less

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Balcony

B39726

Belize is one of the nicer islands. We did the cave tubing and it was great.

Beach Break
The facility was very nice, but the weather wasn't great. If I went back to Costa Maya, I would give this another try.

We booked the chocolate tour through the ship, but it wasn't listed here. I think it's new. Since we are chocoholics, we enjoyed it. Then went shopping, which is always fun.
Read 4536 Cozumel Reviews

This was our first time in Roatan. Nothing to get excited about. Skip the sightseeing and beach break excursion. The "sights" were pretty lame and the beach club was not very nice.
Read 2191 Roatan Reviews

Published 02/04/13

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review

Norwegian Dawn Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?