Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Hvacguy131

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Hvacguy131
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: Hvacguy131
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

RCL- Adventure of the Seas
Very beautiful ship with clean lines and classy elegance for an older ship. I will write about the usual topics but will start with the only real negative of the cruise.

Apparently from Dec 15th to jan 15th or so, the island of Puerto Rico is on Christmas break. Our ship total passenger count was about 75% of the island residents. Normally I would have no problem with anyone on board the ship. I have been told before that PR residents are not the most polite people in regards to manners. The daily struggles with elevators are nothing new on board any ship but, this trip was horrible. We would be standing in line for an elevator for many minutes and a group would walk up from around the corner and simply barge on to the elevator and cut you off. It got to the point that i started standing in the doorway to prevent them from cutting in line. This was a daily and multiple times per day event that Had me boiling by the end of the trip!! I will NOT ever go on a cruise out of San Juan during that time period again.

Embarkation- Really fast as we were there at 12 pm. There was already a line to get on, but they were very fast in this process. Only note, check your sea pass card and make sure you get yours. My wife got someone else's and had to return to counter to get corrected.

Ship- Very nice ship with no major issues of any kind!! Ice rink was very cool and overall decor was nice. Promenade was neat and was right out our window of our interior cabin.

Room- Interior cabin 8595 over the promenade. Very clean and comfy room. Little less room than we have been used to. Wife and I were stepping on each other many times. Nice little sitting area by the window overlooking the promenade. If you are a light sleeper, than might stay away from these rooms. The late night dance party and other late night events can be heard from room. It didn't last long and didn't bother me.

Dining- Buffet was a little disappointing. Only had maybe a couple choices each time that even looked good to me. I am not a picky eater but, it has been better on other cruises. Small omelet station was not even noticed by me until the 2nd to last day. Very disappointed about that, but they were very good omelets. Main dining was pretty good with most selections being very well prepared and tasty. Avoid the steak on the daily selection of the menu. Waiter even said to avoid. It was tough and not a good cut of meat. Desserts were pretty good and had ice cream with most meals. Very good service with Romualdo and "Roxy" as our ever attentive and always smiling help staff. Always got us our little extras we liked each night. No specialty dining for us. Nothing on the menu warranted an extra charge from me.

Entertainment- I actually enjoyed most of the entertainment each night and was awed at the ice show, which is a must see!! Good shows and comedians were all funny.

Overall this trip was a very good experience and would definitely travel with RCL again. Avoid the days listed above and you will as well. Ports were all great and would recommend stopping at them.

Publication Date: 02/03/13