Ryndam Cruise Review by Bonbon65: Great trip!

Bonbon65
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Ryndam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great trip!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Tampa

This was a 3 week southern and Western Caribbean cruise. We were out for 2 weeks came back to Tampa and then went out the other direction for another week. First two weeks there was an older crowd on board, lots of walkers and canes. But it made for a quieter group which was fine with me. I was traveling with my dad and my sister and her husband. All 60's and above. We had great room stewards-Yudi and Ngadi. The Lido had good selections of food at all meals. I particularly liked the salad bar. We had a fun waiter-Fajar-that always remembered our names (as did our room stewards) and helped us every day. The room stewards and waiters work their butts off! They work 12 hour days 7 days a week. We were somewhat appalled at a few of the rude and demanding cruisers. Some had unreasonable expectations of the Lido food-expecting gourmet and treating the staff rudely. We ate in the dining room only 4 or 5 nights, but the meals were great each time!

My sister and I checked More out the Spa and had a great massage therapist-Nompi, she was small but strong! Sophia from one of the gift shops was a great help when I needed to buy some makeup in helping me chose the right shade.

Then there was the bar! I don't drink but we spent probably every night from 7-9 in the Mix bar listening to Matt Bauer. He is a signer/guitar player, he will be going places! He is a very good singer. Two night he teamed up with the piano player and was able to just concentrate on singing. There was standing room only and people who were just walking by stopped to listen. Can't forget Teresa the waitress in the bar, always smiling and being friendly.

The cruise director Eric was very good and hysterically funny with everything that he did. The entertainment was very good also.

The ports were interesting, my favorites were St. Thomas and Curacao. Some of the ports were reminders to me that I am very lucky to have what I have in my life. I know the US has areas of poverty but this was real in your face poverty in some places. Less

Read more Ryndam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ryndam Review >>

Cabin review: Ryndam Large Oceanview Stateroom Main

Was in Room 408 on deck 6. It was a fairly good location, accessible to everything. Only issue was some people at night that hung out on the deck were loud enough we could hear them in the room sometimes. But I would chose that location again and just get better ear plugs!