Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by burgosla67: FIRST TIME WRITING A CRUISE REVIEW

burgosla67
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

FIRST TIME WRITING A CRUISE REVIEW

Sail Date: January 2013

I will start by stating that I am a committed loyal RC cruiser. I have tried other cruiselines and have decided that I am done with the other ones. RC is the best! I will try to summarize the good and the "small issues" that I encountered on my latest cruise on the OAS on 1/19/13.

Embarkation: Marvelous! We arrived at the FLL port very early (11:00 am) and were immediately assisted with luggage and then escorted to the lines. No waiting, easy access. Within 30 minutes, we were allowed to board this wonderful ship. I have to say, that although I have been on the Allure of the Seas (which is identical to OAS), they are both breathtaking. I was very excited because I have been bragging for a long time to my sister who was with me on this voyage about how much she is going to like RCC and OAS compared to her previous cruises with other non RCC cruiselines. She was VERY impressed. I think RCC may have found a new loyal returning customer.

Cabin: Balcony by More Aquatheater. Loved it, was able to get a full view of the sunrise/set and the ocean while at the same time being able to watch the aqua theater shows and movies. Loved being able to prop open the door and watch the day go by and enjoy the weather. Once I closed the door, it was very silent. No worries about noise. Cabin a bit smaller than other cruiselines, but ok for two people.

Service: Our cabin steward was exceptional. Very attentive but not overbearing. Kept our cabin tidy and clean. Very friendly.

Food: My only complaint!!!!! I thought that now that the cruiseline has added the paid-specialty restaurant options, they have definetely compromised their menu selection and quality in the dining room. No longer was able to count on a good dinner. Stopped going to the dinning room and even walked out after looking at the selection. I felt the Windjammer offered better options. One other BIG DISAPPOINTMENT was at Labadee. I appreciate the fact that they provide a lunch right on the beach, however, they MUST do something about the flies all over the food. It was really gross! I can't believe that as much as they emphasize the hand sanitizing on the ship, they would overlook the fact that they are serving food to hundreds of people on the beach with bugs flying and hanging out on the food. I saw people literally shoeing away the flies off of the trays of food. Really need to address this. Is it that difficult to offer a screened food area?

Entertainment: I"m not a musical lover so I didn't go to any of the musicals, but I did enjoy the dance venues and the comedians and game shows. Lots of fun.

Crowds: Even though the ship was at capacity, I never felt like it was too crowded or that I couldn't find a spot to be alone, never had to fight over a deck chair or bar stool. Only place I felt like there was alot of people was when I had to wait for an elevator. REally not a big deal, I was on vacation and have alot of time. No hurries. Not the end of the world to have to wait a few minutes for the elevator to come and get me.

Ease of finding my way around: Loved the interactive screens that help you find your way around and see what is going on all the time. Very convenient.

Overall, the only real bad thing about the cruise was that it only lasted 7 days. Could have stayed forever. Alot of pampering with great service. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Boardwalk view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 8 10723

Cabin: Balcony by Aquatheater. Loved it, was able to get a full view of the sunrise/set and the ocean while at the same time being able to watch the aqua theater shows and movies. Loved being able to prop open the door and watch the day go by and enjoy the weather. Once I closed the door, it was very silent. No worries about noise. Cabin a bit smaller than other cruiselines, but ok for two people. Best part of the cabin was surely the excellent service provided by our cabin steward.

Dune Buggy

(5)
It was a very nice excursion. Better than what we expected. The tour staff was very friendly and experienced. They knew alot about what they were doing and shared with us. The dunne buggies were alot of fun and we loved snorkeling in the beautiful blue water of Cozumel. A must do excurstion!

I had expected something totally different. We were told that the poeple were overbearing and that the city was very dirty. I did not have this experience at all. Everything looked very clean and everyone was very friendly. Dunns River Falls was very beautiful and lots of fun.
Read 494 Falmouth Reviews