Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by RICKnVICK: Fantastic 4 day getaway!!!

RICKnVICK
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Southern Caribbean Cruises

Fantastic 4 day getaway!!!

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Galveston

We are a group of friends in the 40-50 age range. We live 45 minutes from the port so we drove down Thursday morning. Arrived at port around 11:00. Check in was painless and we were on the ship eating lunch by noon. This was the first time for us on this ship so it took a little while to figure out where everything was, but once we did it was very easy to find our way around. Our group stayed on the Verandah deck. Our room steward Chito was awesome! He was incredibly friendly and kept our rooms clean and ice buckets full! In fact, every room steward we saw in the hallway always had a kind word and a smile for us. We found the food to be great and lots of variety. My personal favorite was the salad bar and pizza! The best pizza I have ever had on a ship. I did find the lines to be long, but they seemed to move along quickly. Be prepared to wait if you want an omelette for breakfast. But this is understandable to me since they make them as you order them. The Chop Sticks More area had great food and we had that several times! Burgers and hotdogs were good as well. Our group had breakfast in the dining room on two mornings and that was probably one of my favorite things. Service, food was outstanding. We did late seating dinner at 8:15 and were in the Paris Dining Room. There were 24 of us and we were all seated in the same area which was great. Our waiters Ringgo and Haiman were awesome! We never saw the maitre'd except to introduce himself the first night. Everything in dining room was delicious! The roasted pumpkin soup was a favorite! I had warm chocolate melting cake every single night for dessert!

We enjoyed the music in the casino area and several of our party won some money in the casino. The martini tasting was a great thing as well! The Piano Bar and Hollywood Dance club were a blast! We saw the adult comedians and they were hilarious! Definitely not for the kids though. We enjoyed sitting in the Atrium bar area before dinner and listening to Ron. He sings country music. He is very friendly and we were able to meet and speak with him. He will take requests and is just an awesome guy. I don't mind the music played on deck and around the ship but it was a nice change from the Wobble :)

We went back to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. It is a favorite to us. Had a great day even though we were delayed about 2 hours due to propulsion issues on the ship. Weather was great entire trip and enjoyed great food and drinks on the beach and did some serious relaxing.

This was my 13th cruise and first time on the Triumph. She is a really lovely ship. Yes, you see some wear and tear from age but overall a very pretty and clean ship. I will never understand how some people say they hated their cruise because they saw some worn spots on the carpet. I mean really???? just my opinion of course.

We experienced continued propulsion issues and were later getting in. Instead of arriving back in Galveston around 7:30am we arrived at 1:30 pm. Was this bad for us? NO! We got more time on the ship. Did we feel bad for the next set of cruisers? Well of course we did because this had to affect their cruise in some kind of way. Getting off ship was not terrible but it did take a bit longer because of the lateness of getting in. But I thought Carnival handled things very well. We are definitely going to sail the Triumph again!!! Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>