Riviera Cruise Review by Roon Northwest: What I wish I had known before selecting this cruise

Roon Northwest
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Riviera Western Caribbean Cruises

What I wish I had known before selecting this cruise

Sail Date: January 2013

Let me start by stating what a beautiful ship this is. No detail has been spared in its design. Our Penthouse Suite was lovely. Plenty of room and the walk-in closet was a luxury. The bathroom has both a walk-in shower and a separate tub. There is plenty of storage for all your items. Our butler, Gyan was perfect. He brought our morning coffee promptly at 7AM each day and made sure that our afternoon order of canape's were in our room right at 5PM. He was always available but never overbearing. I cannot say enough about him.

The staff on this ship is the best we have ever seen. They get to know you by name and are all happy to be of service. Be sure to meet Joseph in the Grand Bar. He learns your preferences quickly and is such a wonderful young man. Try to go to his martini tasting event. It's fun! The casino dealers are also wonderful. Be sure to get to the casino early in the evening, as it tends to close down by 11PM due to lack of players. Another must-do More are the wine tasting events. Peter, the head Sommelier is knowledgeable and entertaining. He normally works in the Grand Dining Room, so if you have a passion for wine, ask to be seated in his section. He will pair the perfect wine for your dinner.

The cuisine on board is fabulous. All 4 of the specialty restaurants are wonderful in their own way and I did not prefer any over the others. We had our breakfast each morning on the outside area of the Terrace Cafe. It doesn't get any better than having coffee and a specialty cooked breakfast out in the morning sun.

Now for the area that we wish we had known before selecting this cruise. The average age of the cruiser on this ship is in their 70's. Motorized scooters, walkers, and canes are the norm. The excursions were geared for this age of cruiser, as was the comedian and most of the entertainment. The comedian catered to a specific religious group, and much of it we did not even understand.

So, for the right group of senior citizens, this is the perfect cruise. You will love it! However, if you are looking for a more lively, active cruise with adults from their 30's - early 60's, this might not be the right cruise for you. Less

Read more Riviera cruise reviews >>