Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Texas Moomba

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 6A

Carnival Magic - Not What I expected
Let me start off saying that even with the rainy days, we had a overall enjoyable cruise. It was relaxing and the snorkeling in Roatan was fabulous. We sailed out of Galveston on January 20th. 2013.

For me the Magic is too big. that extra 1000 people over the Conquest made a big difference. The service in the main dining room was very disappointing. Our food server and her TWO helpers were hard to find. Several nights my wife would order two starters and only would receive one of them. One night I had a baked potato and asked for extra butter and sour cream. Our head waitress pointed to the butter dish on the table and said the butter was right there. I never saw any sour cream, dispite asking a second time for it.

Our head waitress was very nice and learned our name very fast, but dispite that she just didn't seem to want to go that extra mile to really make our dining experience special.

There is more than enough lounge chairs on this ship to accomadate everyone.

When we reached Belize, we were told NOT to venture outside the terminal compound. That is was dangerous. We booked an excursion with Sea Sport Belize and had to walk to their store for a snorkeling tour because the street in front of the terminal was under construction. The walk was less than 5 minutes. When we arrived, it was raining and the people at the Sea Sport Belize gave us an option to cancel with a full refund due to the bad weather. They were very nice about it and I had a email from PayPal by Monday the 28th. When we ventured out of the compound, we were apprehensive about doing so, but we found that the warning was unfounded and found that the people were very friendly and helpful.

When we got back to galveston, we were suppose to disembark at 7:30, we had VIP status in disembarking and we did not get to our car until 2:30 PM. A lot of people did not make their flights. Part of the problem was Customs and part of the problem was Carnival. Disembarkation was so bad, that I may not cruise out of Galveston on the Magic again.

NOTE: This is the very first time I have had to write a negitive review. I really don't like doing so, but I just had to this time.

Publication Date: 01/29/13