Oceana Cruise Review by sylvia1234: New Year Cruise to Dungerness power station

New Year Cruise to Dungerness power station

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Other

We travelled on Ocean for their New Years Cruise to Amsterdam. The berthing procedure at Southampton was faultless. We spent the first day in Zeebrugge which was lovely. We were then to go onto Amsterdam spending new Years eve and part of New Years day in Amsterdam. The captain announced adverse weather conditions and we could not go into Amsterdam. There was no adverse weather conditions the sea was calm there was some wind but I have spent and uncomfortable night in a force 8 gale and I can assure you this ship was as calm and stable as a rock with hardly any movement. I complaind to p&o on arriving home about our cruise which ended up on New Years day in the English channel with a view of Dungerness power station. There response was that there passengers safety was paramount and that we were not entitled to any compensation. I feel this is not acceptable as they did not have to pay any berthing costs in Amsterdam and also they had two days of passengers spending money on their More cruise ship when they would have been ashore if we had been allowed to dock.

The ship was very crowded P&O chose to keep a large lounge/bar closed therefore very little room to sit around the ship and enjoy any of the facilities. We have cruised with P&O on many occasions and this is the first time I have made a complaint they are usually very good but on this occasion I feel they failed miserably to placate the passengers (a free glass of champagne may have helped)and feel there was another reason that we did not berth in Amsterdam. Less

Read more Oceana cruise reviews >>