Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Peardy

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        3-6 2.0

Exceptional Cruise Experience
My family (2 adults, 2 kids -6 year old and 3 year old) loved this cruise.

Cabin - we were on deck 10 which was lovely even though we were probably in the cheapest room we got the same steward as the suites opposite which was nice as they provided amazing service and the earlier check in for the higher deck we another bonus. New flat screen tv was great. Yes the room was tight but you get what you pay for and I feel I got every cent worth. The Pullman/ bunk beds are folded up during the day so you get a little bit more room to move.

Food - the food was exceptional! I loved the main dining room and preferred this to the buffet Windjammer. Windjammer was quite good for a relaxed meal if you felt like it with great variety and everyone was very good with serving themselves/ cleanliness. The service in the MDR was amazing. For example - by day three we didn't even have to give our room number and were ushered thru to our same table. When we got to the table the drinks waitress had already delivered our favourite drinks and the waiter had ordered the kids favourite meal (our kids had the same thing every night). The selection was excellent even though I don't eat seafood and my wife is on a non-dairy diet.

Bars - heaps to choose from and great variety.

Night-time Entertainment - this is the only area we felt let down. Both my wife and I quite happily see opera, classical, old tunes or musicals but the entertainment was just cheesy - we walked out of a couple. The exception was the Ice Show and the Dreamworks parades which were amazing.

Pools etc - easily got a sun lounge at any time which really surprised me considering the amount of people around.

Kids facilities - fantastic! Great variety of program for different ages. My youngest was still in nappies so couldn't go but there were family activities that we could do and we utilised the service of babysitters numerous times with no issues with availability.

Ports - we had a good mix of island and city ports on our cruise through New Caledonia, Fiji and three in NZ for more of a city experience.

Publication Date: 01/29/13