Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by RumRunner01: This cruise makes my #1 out of 10 cruises I've taken

RumRunner01
Member Since 2004
1,034 Posts

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Bahamas Cruises

This cruise makes my #1 out of 10 cruises I've taken

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas

This was my 10th cruise and my first on Celebrity. I've cruised Royal Caribbean and Princess in my previous cruises.

We arrived in FLL two days early and stayed at the Fort Lauderdale Embassy Suites on 17th Ave. It's very convenient for dining, intercoastal highway, etc. Hotel is cozy, breakfast and cocktail evening are good. Hotel rooms are getting a bit dated but still comfortable. Don't get a room near the elevator since it's very loud. We took a taxi to the port since we find the shuttles to be a pain and in the long run the taxi is a bit cheaper and much more convenient and quicker. Embarkation took a while. We got to the port around noon but were not allowed onboard until about 3. Check in was very easy and smooth, then we sat in a room "upstairs" for a while. When we were allowed on board, they did not allow certain passengers to go first, everyone went at once but it was extremely orderly.

We were sailing aboard the Silhouette for the SS Coachella More cruise. This is the upscale version of the SS Coachella music festival and was the first time they have done this cruise. The music is indie, alternative, and EDM. The line up included bands like Pulp, Hot Chip, Sleigh Bells, Black Lips and many more. Not only were there concerts on board, there were also activities involving the bands like bar crawls and talks and craft making.

I found the service on the ship to be excellent. All crew we encountered were friendly and helpful. They seemed to enjoy the change of pace with the concert goers and bands aboard. This was the first Caribbean cruise after the transatlantic back from Europe. We were in Concierge Class cabin 1676 which was an aft on deck 11. We were in the middle with the larger balcony and loved it. Our attendant was great, we had no soot, and we had the full size lounge chairs.

We ate mostly at the buffet since our purpose was to see concerts and many shows were during dining hours, so we either had very late lunches or very late dinners after the shows at the buffet. The buffet was good for the most part. I missed things we are used to on Royal Caribbean like hash browns and biscuits and gravy in the morning. We only found home fries that were dry in the morning. I also found the noodle bar to be flavorless and next time I'd have to add more flavor. The pizza is just ok. Most of the food was pretty good. We did have dinner in the dining room one night and the food was very good. The service was a bit slow, but we were not in a hurry and it seemed the crew was trying to figure out how to serve guests who were all using select dining time. Oh, the brunch was amazing, I would tell everyone to experience this. We found the bars to be very attentive and the majority of passengers had the premium drink package so they were quite busy all the time. We always had extra cash to top on top of the included gratuity to make sure the crew knew we appreciated them.

We found this ship to be beautiful and comfortable and enjoyable. We loved the lawn outside and spent a lot of time there. We also loved the Molecular Bar and can't wait to go again.

Disembarkation was a but jumbled and started the night before when our luggage was not picked up. We discovered our luggage still outside our door so we had to opt for the early disembarkation with our luggage. We weren't excited about it but got off fairly quickly and customs did not take long at all.

I have to say this was the best cruise ever and I would not hesitate to tell anyone to go enjoy this ship. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1676

Closet was quite small, for a week it would not be adequate and any longer than that would take creativity for storage of clothing. We loved our aft cabin and the extra wide balcony with loungers. Our bed was very comfy. The bed was nearer the balcony and not the closet. I found storage in the cabin overall lacking, we did not use the storage over the bed since it is a bit awkward but it would be necessary on a cruise longer than 3 nights. The location of our cabin was very far from elevators but very quiet.

Having been to Nassau before, we opted to just get off the ship and purchase some coconut rum to take home and then get back on the ship to enjoy an empty ship. Our previous trip to Nassau we did a snorkel excursion which was fine. This port is just ok, and we do not like the locals bugging us for taxis, tours, and trinkets.
Read 2662 Nassau Reviews