“Great Time on a Fun Ship”
Cruise review of Carnival Valor

megan}i{ Carnival Valor 4 Great Time on a Fun Ship
megan}i{
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was our first time cruising with Carnival. We will cruise with Carnival again. I'm actually looking at a cruise on the Valor again. We have previously cruised with Royal Caribbean and NCL. In my opinion, any cruise is a good cruise. Any vacation is what you make of it. The Valor was an older ship, but it had everything we needed. A couple more hot tubs would be nice. The buffet food was just okay. Dinner in the main dining room was good. The first night was a little rushed but everyone was getting it together on that first night. We did the Chef's table which was AMAZING. The chef explained each cruise they get lots of new employees so now I understand why that first night is a little more hectic. The shows with the singers and dancers were great. It would be nice if they were featured in more shows. Comedy club was good late night entertainment and the piano bar with Seth was a great time. Adult piano after 11 was hilarious.
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

Aqua Twister
The ride on the Twister was a blast. It was even more fun on the way back after a couple hours of drinking on the island. We had a great spot with lounge chairs and an umbrella on the beach.
Kayaking
I booked a kayaking tour with Cayman Sea Elements. A group of about 10 of us in double kayaks were led through the mangroves. It was nice to have a small tour. We were picked up from the cruise port and taken to the marina to start our trip. It was also very reasonably priced at just $40 US per person. We were being driven back to the port when our driver asked if we wanted to do anything else. He advised us of a good restaurant with beach access. We wouldn't have found it without him. Good food and a beautiful beach. We were able to take a shuttle ride back to the pier for $4 US per person.
Chairlift
We booked one excursion that had several things included. I am afraid of heights so I was a little nervous at first on the chair lift, but after a minute I was admiring the beautiful views. The bobsled was fun. We even bought our photo riding the bobsled. I love water and Dunn's River Falls was fun. It is crowded but it is something I really wanted to do. Be prepared to get a few scrapes and bruises,but I think it was worth it.
Published 01/29/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Valor Review
Carnival Valor Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?