Marco Polo Cruise Review by Our Kelly

Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: 1
See More About: Marco Polo Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Cruise & Maritime Voyages Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Marco Polo Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Marco Polo Deck Plans
Very disappointed
The ship was okay. Very clean and the staff helpful but I was left with a very poor image of the Company - Cruise and Maritime. Christmas was a big non event. The ship was barely decorated for Xmas. New Year was slightly better but not much. The ship advertises for the 60+ age group but realistically it is aimed at 80+ and all the events on board are aimed at this age group. To say we were disappointed is an understatement. I have not approached the company as I do not want recompense for my trip. I just want others to know what it is really like. The entertainment was average to poor. Imagine on New Year's Eve at 55 years to be given a song sheet from the first World War. A woman in our group nearly cried! I was not the only person feeling like this. I was told that 26 people had left the ship at various destinations on route. Some were ill but I was led to believe that most just could not stand it any longer.

I met many people on the cruise and very few had a good word to say about it. Some may argue that I am moaning for the sake of it. No - I still work and work hard for my money and my time out, as does my partner. I have never been on a holiday before and not only wished the days to pass quicker, but did start to feel depressed and would have preferred being at work.

If you are looking for a holiday with good food and entertainment, LOOK ELSEWHERE!

Publication Date: 01/29/13