Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Charlala: Carnival Breeze 1/13/13 - 1/19/13

1 Post

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Breeze 1/13/13 - 1/19/13

Sail Date: January 2013

My BF and I sailed the Breeze out of Miami 1/13/13. The Breeze is a beautiful ship with a new hip interior design. One thing I must mention, the ship does have a sewer smell. I've read about it in other Breeze reviews and I personally noticed it in odd areas on the boat including our balcony during the late evening, the odor made me go back inside.

ROOM: We booked a spa balcony room thinking we would use the spa amenities more than we actually did. The room was beautiful and we made good use of the 3 closets. We toured the Spa on day one, the staff was more interested in booking additional services than actually showing us what was included with our spa cabin. After the tour we were able to wonder through the maze of spa/exercise areas and figure out the location of the locker rooms, etc for ourselves.

STAFF: In general the staff was nice & polite, not overly friendly but that's okay with me. I've sailed on 4 different Carnival ships, this was the first time More I've seen the staff openly gathering in groups while working and gossiping/talking. The management style seems very relaxed. One of the buffet area waiters felt it was okay to verbally vent his frustration with an on-board guest that handed him a plate assuming he doesn't speak or understand English (Hmm Okay, we didn't know how to respond to that). I recommend dining in the dining room for Punchliner Bunch, excellent food, fast friendly service... one thing, the comedy last for only 3 minutes instead of 10. The Evening YOUR TIME Dining, was longgg and slowww every night, the food was okay-good.

PORTS: Grand Turk, we did the Gibbs Cay Stingray encounter. The tour company was great! They were able to find a (one) small male stingray for everyone to take pictures with. We had our waterproof camera and where able to take our own pictures instead of buying them at the dock. Snorkeling and gear was provided. It was a good excursion, I recommend it. After, we made our way to Margaritaville... i don't remember to much after that (haha). Grand Turk Margaritaville has a large, beautiful pool, surf simulator, drinking games.
Montego Bay, Jamaica, we did the Jungle River Float Tour. It was a long ssllooww tour down the Jungle River tied together with others while our tour guide paddled his arms off. I don't think I can recommend this excursion, it just seemed long, boring, awkward with the tour paddling our butts down the river.

DISAPPOINTMENTS: Long lines & wait to Punchliner Comedy Club each night. The shows in the Ovation Theater were less than desirable, I can't comment much because we left a couple of them early, they were that bad. If you ask me, they should switch, put the comedy club acts in the main Ovations theater for more seating. Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 11243

Spa Balcony Room 11243: Beautiful Room, great service/staff. Slightly noisy with one of the cabins down the hall had several small children running back and forth and of course overly excited, but truthfully nothing to complain about. The "sewer-like" smell on the balcony in the evenings took the romance of the balcony room away.

Stingray Swim

(5)
Grand Turk, we did the Gibbs Cay Stingray Encounter. The tour company was great! They were able to find a (one) small male stingray for everyone to take pictures with. We had our own waterproof camera and they encouraged us to take our own pictures instead of buying them at the dock through the company. They also provided snorkeling gear and training to those new to snorkeling. It was a good excursion, I recommend it.

River Rafting

(2)
Montego Bay, Jamaica, we did the Jungle River Raft/Float Tour. It was a long ssllooww tour down the Jungle River tied together with others while our tour guide paddled his arms off. I don't think I can recommend this excursion, it just seemed long, boring and awkward with the tour guide paddling our butts down the river.