Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by ayrhead

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Blank
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Blank Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Expected a bit more
After the refurbishment of the Summit and the talk of Celebrity being more upscale I truly expected a bit more. My pro's and con's:

San Juan is a great starting point for a cruise be it starting a day early or stay a day later. We arrived a day early to have fun at the festival in OSJ...what a blast. I prefer the Carnival port as right downtown. Celebrity at the Pan American pier is out of the way. The pro here is once we arrived at noon within 5 minutes on the ship....impressive.

Stateroom was clean and modern with a larger balcony, lots of storage, good size bathroom. Safe was fair size ( just fit my Ipad turned up )newer flat screen. Mini bar, small couch, chair and table...all very good. Anthony our Stewart was great!

Ship layout is simple and easy to get around from stern to bow. Colours are inviting and soft. Elevators or stairs...plenty of both.

Food well here is the disappointment. Buffet although well laid out only 60% was open. Food lacked flavour, coffee daily was cold and or bitter. Now the pizza and egg stations were top shelve in taste and presentation. The panini station at the stern was also tasty food. Dinner in the dining room was good with a good selection nightly. The red meats were very nicely done. Pasta was enjoyed by cruise mates. I found the foods to be "good "again I expected with what I read and heard to be " very good ". I found the carpets in the MDR torn and stained. For a new refurb I found this odd. Also noted in the sunset ( stern ) the wood all stained with spilled food and drink. Service was fast in all venues and always a hello, good morning etc.

Entertainment...first rate! Band was fantastic, shows were some of the best, Comic had me rolling with laughter.

Ports fantastic ( why we picked this cruise ) with plenty of time in port. Gangway midship is perfect and they moved passengers well. Never a concern here.

Publication Date: 01/28/13
Read the Blank ports review by ayrhead
More Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews