“Great time on the Navigator for our family of 4”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas

MO Tracy Navigator of the Seas 5 Great time on the Navigator for our family of 4
MO Tracy
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids age 12 and 14) had a great experience on the RC Navigator! Our only real cruise experience before this was on Disney. It really depends on the ages of your kids, but for mine, I would pick Royal Caribbean over Disney big time. Our check in was very easy-we basically just walked on board! We did take a few 12 packs of soda and a case of water in our bags, and they made it on board no problem! Our rooms were great-kids had an inside cabin, my husband and I had a balcony room. We actually didn't even see our kids much on our days at sea because they were so busy with all the activities in the teen room. The 12-17 activities were very well organized-the kids even had their own activities planner/director and she was GREAT!! My kids rate this cruise 5+++. They enjoyed Disney, but this was a whole different ballgame, and it was GREAT. My husband and I enjoyed ourselves very much. We loved our late dinner seating, we LOVED the Quest, the Casino, the bars, and the pool. We actually went to bed pretty much after dinner most nights because we hit it so hard during the day-especially on the port days! Our dining room experience was great-we had a 4 top table and would have enjoyed having others at our table-especially since our kids ditched us most nights to hang with their friends. We did end up meeting friends and sitting with them! We literally talked all the way home (10 hour drive) about our cruise and really couldn't come up with too many things we would change! It was that good! Here are the only small complaints we came up with: Hard beds, crowded elevators, and The Windjammer was a bit of a nightmare...decent food, but mob quality crowds, lines (especially for breakfast), no place to sit, and the same food for breakfast and lunch every day. We avoided it by eating in the dining room, or fighting the crowds to fill a couple plates, and enjoying our breakfast in our room off our balcony. We ordered room service once-but selections are very limited so a quick run thru the Jammer, and back to the room was best! Same thing for lunch-fill a plate, head to the pool!!! In the beginning of the cruise, I had a fabulous salad every day for lunch. Later in the cruise, I would get a huge plate of fry's, cover it with cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing, HA! I hated how crowded the elevators were but being forced to take stairs was good for me. Bottom line, we loved our RC vacation, and can't wait to do it again next year!!!
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Port
We rented a jeep and took the day to travel the island and stop at several beaches along the way. We had a great time, but got very tired of everyone wanting a hand out in Cozumel.
Read 4,590 Cozumel Reviews
Port
The port was pretty far from anything and that is the only reason for the lower rating, but Jamaica is BEAUTIFUL. We hired an independant tour operator named Mark Morris (markstours.com)...look him up online and book him-he and his wife Janice are great. The excursion was $100 less than what our cruise ship offered it for, and he really put some special touches on our day. We did the White river float and Dunns river combined tour. Both were AMAZING, but that part of Jamaica is very "3rd world". We never felt that we were in any danger, but were asked if we wanted drugs more times than I can recall. One thing I highly recommend if you go to Ocho Rios, go to a restaraunt called "Scotchies". This place was a terrific experience...and we were the only tourists there-the rest of the people were locals. We spent $15, got a ton and GREAT food, 2 red stripes, and a great atmosphere. Thanks to our tour guide Mark!
Read 794 Falmouth Reviews
Cab's charge double what the bus charges and the buses are very convenient, so we all hopped on the bus and spent the entire day on the public beach on 7 mile. We had a very inexpensive and FUN day! Transportation there and back, 2 snorkles, 2 chairs, and lunch on beach= $50.00. Amazing and VERY FUN. Don't forget to buy rum cake while you're on Grand Cayman but check around for the best price. The prices vary quite a bit from store to store.
Published 01/28/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?