Crown Princess Cruise Review by stlouistravelers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Crown Princess Cruise Review by stlouistravelers
Crown Princess
Crown Princess
Member Name: stlouistravelers
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: BB
See More About: Crown Princess Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Crown Princess January 2013.. Not what I expected from Princ
I will discuss the cruise from the Princess Transfer in Houston, TX. We were met by a Cruise Rep at the airport and were treated like VIP's. We had a driver and a private car deliver us to the Galves Hotel in Galveston. The check in was smooth and the room unremarkable.

The next day we were scheduled for the transfer to the ship and although it was running behind the gal running the show did an excellent job of getting caught up and us to the ship. Once at the ship I turned over my luggage to a porter in excellent condition and once it reached my room one of the suit cases was destroyed. Whether it was the porter or the ships personnel they were acting as Princess agents and this should have never happened. The check in was remarkably smooth and well organized. We arrived in our room shortly thereafter the luggage showed.

The room was well laid out but with no room to spare. Our room steward was excellent and made sure that the room was in order all day. The bathroom had the feel of an RV bathroom (all in one concept) but seemed to work ok for us. We were at the rear of the ship so we felt all of the engine vibrations even though we were on the 12th floor.

Dining was ok. We ate breakfast in the Horizon dining room most days except the last one where we ate at the Bertolli dining room. They initially delivered the wrong order to me and after I broke open the egg they realized the mistake they brought the proper order to me and then I am sure they gave the plate they just took from me to the guy next to me. I say this because of the way I broke open the egg. The dining for dinner was not what I had expected. Everyone was working hard but it was not the experience we had on Carnival. Princess is supposed to be the premium line and the company's lower line made Princess look really bad. I don't recommend the meat loaf or hamburger from the dining room. It had the consistency of a sponge. The staff was good about bringing out something more to our liking though. I really enjoyed the company at the table and do like this part of the experience.

The entertainment was fine except that the shows in the theatre were very short and the experience always felt like something was missing. I would like to have been able to see the entire show, they worked hard and I feel they deserved it. The other venues were great, especially these three gentlemen in the lounge. They seemed to be able to carry off any type of music. The predominate type of music was from the 60's, and 70's. There were no rowdy people on the boat and this was a welcome relief. There were numerous pools and the middle pool seemed to be where the few kids hung out at. I felt sorry for them as this cruise was not for them. It was an old people cruise (of which I fit in).

All in all it was what we were looking for the most part a quiet week away from home. The debark procedure was an absolute mess and needs working on. We had a 4 pm flight and I felt sorry for those with earlier flights. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Publication Date: 01/28/13