Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Coco1Juno2

Member Name: Coco1Juno2
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: 1A

My Experience on Carniival Glory
My experience on Carnival GLORY was definitely not to my expectations AT ALL. I have Cruised on Holland America for three Cruisers and decided to change and see what another Cruise Lines was like.

Carnival Glory interior was fantastic and kept very clean. I have taught Customer Service for years during my working days. I am now retired and wanting to enjoy life to the fullest as a retired person. (I know Customer Service teaching it for over 15 years.)

Here is what I found on the Glory:

1. Officers on the Ship did NOT talk to patrons upon walking through the ship making rounds asking if we were having a good time or not. The Officers in the Food Services Department did not check to see if the patrons food was good etc. by chatting with the patrons and when I asked a question to one of them they were very harsh................

2. FOOD:

I would rate as a little better then a fast food rest. In some cases the food was warm and not hot not served in a appetising manor. The workers behind the counter did not smile or seem happy about their jobs. The only foods I felt were great was the Hamburgers and Burritos.

3. CABIN:

The person who took care of my room was FANTASTIC in all respects and did a great job in keeping my state room clean. He always had a smile and wanted to please the customers. He also knew his job and was a good source for information.

NOTE: The bed had a board in the center under the mattress which you could feel moving in the bed. Also a broken lamp shade upon my arrival on board and I told the cabin person about it and he said there was no replacements. Also only ONE plug outlet in the entire cabin to hook up computer, shaver etc. (NOT GOOD).

4. BOAT DRILL:

Before we left port we had the boat drill. The lady in charge of our area was very UNFRIENDLY and told the patrons many times " If you do not keep quiet the Captain will not end this drill " in a manor talking to us adults like children and I felt like I was back in boot camp with my drill Sgt. I certainly did not feel like a paying customer and was very surprised the way we were treated.

5.Theatre Activities:

TERRABLE. No comment.

6. Customer Service Desk:

Staff was great and had smiles on their faces when assisting customers. I needed a band aid. Guess what they charged me $ 2.25 for band aids. ( How cheap is this company) Charging for a band aid.............................

SUMMARY:

I will NOT travel this line again. I have three fantastic Cruises on Holland America with great Shows, Good Food (not under lights to keep warm). Better quality of food. Ships Officers spoke to patrons all the time. Staff smiled. Before I left for this Cruise I had decided to take a Cruise in June to Alaska and if I enjoyed this Cruise I would sign up with Carnival for the Alaska Cruise. When I got home I called Holland America and booked a Cruise for three on June 1st, Nancy, Denver and myself.

NOTE:

I went with THREE other couples and what I have written above I am sure they would agree with my statements fully.

Publication Date: 01/28/13