Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by moxiegretl

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 4A
Cabin Number: R246
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        7-9 4.0

Fun Get-away!
The Good: we loved our 4-day cruise to the Bahamas on this ship. The ship was clean, well-maintained and the staff was attentive and friendly. Our stateroom steward was wonderful! This was my son's first time cruising with us and he had a blast. He tried out the free Kid's Camp on occasion and loved it, but mostly he lived on the water slides. Embarkation was a breeze and debarkation wasn't too bad actually. Food in the Buffet was surprisingly pretty darn good most of the time. I thought the musical shows (The Brits and Motor City) were entertaining enough, but agree with some of the other reviews that they were a little boring. For a free show, I enjoyed them. The outfits were a lot of fun actually. Comedians were also entertaining. Not the greatest, but not the worst.

The Not-so-Good: Although the Hasbro Game Show seemed fun, it was disappointing, especially after they showed video clips of how the game show is supposed to be played. The food in the main dining room sucked. I wanted to like it, but it just sucked. (Except for breakfast, that was good.) Every meal I had was either cold, mushy, dry or just gross. The only thing that I enjoyed usually was dessert. We ended up going to the Buffet after dinner to get better food many times. Also, the excursions through Carnival at the ports of call seemed really expensive. This isn't my first cruise, but it seemed a bit excessive. We ended up just doing our own thing and having a blast at 1/3 of the cost. I was also overcharged for drinks (twice), but they rectified that as soon as I brought it to their attention. I wonder how many times that happens to the folks that are there to drink and have many drinks and have no idea how many they had and would miss an overcharge here or there. I was simply enjoying ONE cocktail by the pool, so it was easy to notice being charged for two, especially within 4 minutes of each other.

We had a great time, it was a much-needed get-away after the holidays and the cold weather. Despite this, we might be done with Carnival as the food options are pretty limited with just a Buffet and a dining room. This was my 2nd cruise with Carnival and my husband's 3rd. We might try another NCL cruise after this or another cruise line. We like food options!

Publication Date: 01/28/13
Read the Bahamas ports review by moxiegretl
More Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews