Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by palmtreelover85: Breeze..Pros and Cons

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Breeze..Pros and Cons

Sail Date: January 2013

I've sailed on Royal Caribbean and Carnival a total of 16 times. Had never been on a Carnival "big" ship before, so here's the pros and cons of the Carnival Breeze:
Heres the "pros" (and theres alot of them)
Embarkation was quick and easy.
Plenty of seating throughout the whole trip. Many sunchairs available on deck, lots of seating in the buffet area.
The ship amazed us that it never felt crowded!! No lines at the elevators or buffets, everything was easy and fast.
Absolutely loved the decor of the ship. No glitz and flashing lights. Contemporary design, relaxing colors and very classy. Understated to perfection to help you relax.
Interior room was clean and well kept. Loved the hallways leading to the rooms! The cabin doors were light wood with slats reminicent of a tropical retreat, complete with beautiful beach scenes. No long, boring hallways to walk down.
The water slide/waterworks area was phenominal! All I can say is WOW!!!
The "dive in movies" More were shown on a huge screen on deck at night, you could sit in a loveseat with your feet up on an ottoman, snuggle in a fleece blanket (you check them out at the towel hut and return after the movie) and eat popcorn as you watch a flick under the stars. The dive in movies were a favorite for us.
The ships layout was easy to navigate, and set up as to avoid crowding. So many different areas to hang out in. Wonderful planning of layout on this ship.
The arcade was big, bright and had brand new, very cool, games in it.
The casino was exciting, mostly video slots, and all the regular table games. The casino is open 24 hours on this ship.
The dining rooms are pretty, contemporary and clean.
There are many dining choices which make for a new treat everyday.
Always hot tubs available, there are alot, and located all over the ship.
Now the cons....
The interior room we had was small. We don't expect alot of space in an interior room, but this room was smaller than any other we'd ever had. Must say we loved the bathroom though. Bright, new and clean.
The Blush dining room was too warm to make eating emjoyable.
No body ever told me that once I earned 1500 points on my casino card I could get free drinks in the casino. Found out after I was at 3000 points the last day of the cruise.
The staff is not talkative or pleasant. The guest services people, for the most part, seem to be annoyed that they have to help you. Never saw the head waiter.
The dining room servers were the biggest dissappointment. They DID NOT TALK. At all. I'm used to having the waiters ask how your day was, if you're having a good time, etc. Our waiters never said a word to us through all 6 nights.
I will say our room attendant was excellent, smiling as he gave us tips on where to go, etc. and called me by name everytime he saw me.
The scrambled eggs in the buffet for breakfast are gross. I don't think they are realy eggs, just some sort of mush. Rest of breakfasts foods were really good, including breakfast burritos, bacon and chocolate muffins.

We had a great time on this beautiful ship and are cruising again next month on the Breeze. Its my favorite ship, and I'd choose it over Royal Caribbean. The biggest annoyance on the Breeze was the staff. But that isn't enough to keep me away. The ship and ammenities are absolutely worth the money. (By the way, Grand Turk was great, but don't bother getting off the ship in Montego Bay.
F Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze

Bathroom was real nice, cabin was smaller than you'd expect.

Grand Turk was great! Walked right off the ship and was at the beach in 5 minutes. No charge for beach chairs. Beautiful water.