Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by joanss: Very Disappointing Sums It Up Pretty Well

joanss
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Fascination Bermuda Cruises

Very Disappointing Sums It Up Pretty Well

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Jacksonville

Very disappointing sums it up pretty well for the January 19 sailing of the Fascination. My expectations for this cruise weren't very high to start with because it was mainly to just get away for a few days. All I expected was just some decent entertainment and good food.

I thought the worst was over when we finally boarded the ship 9 hours late but I was wrong. Just one suggestion to Carnival... offer the text notification during the online registration. Had we not been at one of the Park and Cruise hotels we wouldn't have known about the first delay. We did get a recorded phone message for the second and third.

The entertainment was lacking in my opinion unless you consider infomercials (programs demonstrating products Carnival or their preferred vendors sell), bingo for an additional fee, or having portraits taken entertainment. There were three shows. A juggler who was good but not really enough to build an entire show around, the guest talent show was More pretty entertaining, and the Motown show was good. There were two comedians, one funny, one not so much. Each performed 2 adult only shows. One had two different sets; the other seemed to only have one set. I only lasted a few minute into his second show because he was telling the same jokes as the first.

The food overall was pretty good. We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning. It was standard breakfast fair and got much better once I found the made to order omelet station. Lunch was one day at the buffet, one day at the deli, and two days in the dining room. We ended up with dinner in the dining room all except one night. I went to the buffet the second night and the food wasn't edible. Pretty much everything I got at the buffet (whether it was breakfast, lunch, or dinner), with the exception of the made to order omelet, was cold or lukewarm at best.

I wasn't expecting much from the ports based on past reviews. I did the walking tour of Nassau I found on Cruise Critic, did a little shopping and went to Junkanoo Beach, all easily done in the 8 hours we were in port and easy walking distance from the port. I went to Port Lucaya in Freeport.

Overall it left me thinking I must not be up for all the fun on the Fun Ship.... Less

Read more Carnival Fascination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fascination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fascination Interior Empress E7

Good deal, 2 port holes for the price of an inside cabin, nice size, good closet space, quiet location,