Thomson Dream Cruise Review by rabbitquilter

Member Name: rabbitquilter
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
No Complaints
We have just returned from 2 weeks cruising the Caribbean on Thomson Dream. This is the first cruise we have ever done, I was very apprehensive after reading some of the reviews about the ship. Well, I can honestly say I really needn't have worried!! I have to say we didn't go for the night-life so cannot comment on any of that. We chose to eat in the Lido Restaurant and the food was very good and my Diabetic husband well catered for. I booked several trips online, before we left home, and yes, they were expensive but thoroughly enjoyable, as we were novices, we did not know about using the local taxi's, but we were quite happy with what we did.

Our cabin was immaculate and our Cabin Steward was amazing! All the staff were so cheerful and helpful. My only complaints would be, the weather wasn't great, but that is hardly Thomson's fault!! Also we visited Margarita Island which was awful, the Harbour is miles, and I mean miles, from anywhere, and the locals obviously just dump rubbish at the roadside, it was filthy. But again that was not Thompson's fault, however I suggest they amend the itinerary for the future!! I was worried that we were travelling at the height of the Norovirus season, but I didn't hear of any cases on board and there were antibacterial dispensers everywhere, which we were pleased to use, although I noticed a lot of folk didn't, which was rather inconsiderate. My husband loved the cruise, which I had booked as a birthday surprise for him, a once in a lifetime trip, he would happily do another cruise tomorrow!! I however, well, lets just say the movement of the ship and I didn't really get on!!! But that is just me I'm afraid, I loved the trips, the sights, the sunbathing, the doing nothing, but only when the Ship was tied up in port!! Out beyond the Harbours was different!! So I personally wouldn't do another cruise, purely because I'm a whimpy land-lubber!!!

Publication Date: 01/28/13