Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by erbunny: We had a great time

Compare Prices on Vision of the Seas Southern Caribbean Cruises

We had a great time

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We booked this cruise almost a year ago for the wonderful Southern Caribbean itinerary, out of a port we could drive to. I knew nothing about Vision of the Seas, but became a little concerned about it after reading several not so great comments. We just got off yesterday, and had the usual wonderful time. Yes there is some minor wear and tear but daily maintenance is going on. They are not waiting for the October re-fit to do things.

The cruise director Mike Hunnerup was friendly and pleasant without being in your face and making you feel like the cruise is all about him. His staff were all friendly and fun to be around, and the activities director Topi was an amazing ball of energy. There was a lot of varied activities, to the point where we did not spend much time at the pool

Our cabin was immaculate, and our attendant got a WOW from us for being cheerful, yet unobtrusive, met the few extra needs we had very efficiently.

The food was typical for Royal, More not 5 star, but good. We ate at both Windjammer and main dining room, on My Time Dining, and had no problems finding a table.

I found Vision to be very pretty, with lovely art work , and the always present sea views a real plus.

The entertainment was hit-or-miss. The dancers had to cope with some rough seas, and the singers....just not up to the standard we expect, an opinion shared by everyone we talked with. The ventriloquist was fabulous.

My only negative comments would be about inconsistencies in information, and they were very minor.

The ports were all very interesting . I wish our time in Grenada was longer, but would not have wanted the tour to be cut short either.

Every cruiser has a different experience. We met many terrific people, who all seemed to be having fun. The only complaints I heard voiced were about difficulties getting early seatings and 1 couple thought their cabin was not as represented on-line. I would definitely sail this ship again . The only thing we missed from the larger ships is a Cafe where we could get sandwiches, pizza, etcall the time, like the Cafe Promenade. Less

Read more Vision of the Seas cruise reviews >>